Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping VST: Filtr Guda Audio

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello

I would like to map an effect knob to act similarly to a colorfx knob. I want to apply two different effect modes from the VST Filter Guda Audio. One mode active from 49% to 0% and the other from 51% to 100%.

I've found the effect_slider number for each knob but struggle to map which effect mode I want to apply from the VST.

The different effect modes are shown in this screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/dDklrji

Greatful for all help I can get
Thanks!

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 2:15 pm
All VST effects parameters are exposed as "sliders"
Based on what you have found, check slider 4 for instance or one that's "missing" from the sequence you have found for the rest sliders.

Also you can change a custom button to:
effect_slider 1
and for button name type
query

The button will then show the "internal" name of the control 1 as exposed by the VST effect itself.
By changing the slider number you will be able to find the one you want (instead of just guessing around)

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 2:36 pm
Unsure what you ment by naming the button query. Went in to the pads editor and tried changing the pad name to query but nothing happened.
https://imgur.com/a/KhL51Y1

"effect_slider 1 1 " to " effect_slider 1 4 " are knobs.

" effect_slider 1 6 1 " turns effect mode to off
https://imgur.com/a/rYkJQ2M

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 3:43 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I tested: it's slider 6 ("type")

for full range slider:
param_multiply 0.07 & effect_slider 6
for name:
get_effect_slider_name 6

we get a real absolute values: entry * 0.01
off=0 Transistor = 0.01 ... Basic = 0.07

But there is no way to get true name (text) directly from VST
manually : set 'GudaType' `effect_slider 6 & param_multiply 100 & param_cast int`
then you can make tests (not ideal but worth it)
var 'GudaType' 0 : get_text 'off' : var 'GudaType' 1 ? get_text 'Transistor'....

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 3:44 pm
Oo thanks man, much appreciated!!

haha problem is I am a total rookie unfurtunately. Is there any way to simplify e.g how you get it to be Transistor?

What i don't understand is "for name"

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 4:08 pm
"For name": in a way to get the name of the slider

no other way to get it as "Transistor" but to manually get value and test ... and return text

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 4:18 pm
Oh I see..
I want it to be more of a static action rather than a knob roll kind of action..

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 4:21 pm
you can set the value directly
effect_slider 6 <ABSOLUTE_VALUE>
or
effect_slider "Filtr" 6 <ABSOLUTE_VALUE>
or
effect_slider [slot] 6 <ABSOLUTE_VALUE>
0.00 off
0.01 Transistor ladder
0.02 K 2pole
0.03 Diode ladder
0.04 SVF 2p low pas
0.05 SVF 2p high pas
0.06 SVF 2p band pas
0.07 Basic 2p low pass

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 5:23 pm
Thanks man! just what I needed. Cheers!

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 7:54 pm
So now my next question is, How would I compress the filter so it stretches between knob value 0.49 and 0.00?

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 9:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
param_multiply 0.5 & YOUR DESIRED DIAL SCRIPT
0.0 to 0.5

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 9:38 pm
Thanks so much locodog!

I get my desired stretch at param_multiply 2.
Ok, so where the knob goes from center to left I'd like the filter to go from left to right.

Right now, when I turn the knob from center to left the filter goes from right to left.

I tried param_reverse but that didn't do what I was thinking. Any ideas?

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 10:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it would be param_invert [the real script that you want for your imagined param_reverse ]
but that won't be the full answer, I didn't read the full thread, just jumped in to reply to your last comment.

save me the pain of piecing together what you're after. fill in the blanks

I have a dial, when the dial is @ 50% everything is in a normal state, when I twist from 0.5 to 0.0 I want BLANK , when I twist from 0.5 to 1.0 I want BLANK

it's all just a case of query > or < than 0.5 then apply a multiplier, maybe an invert too.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 10:40 pm
Sorry invert* ;)

when I twist from 0.5 to 0.0 I want the effect to go from 0.0 to 1.0 , when I twist from 0.5 to 1.0 I want it to do nothing.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 10:52 pm
Knob at the moment:
param_reverse & param_multiply 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 6 0.05 & effect_slider 'filtr' 2

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 11:01 pm
The problem is that say you don't have param_invert the effect starts fading when the knob is at 1.0 and then when I scroll to 0.5 the effect is 100%

Instead I want the effect to start from 0.5 and when I scroll to 0.0 the effect should reach 100%.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 11:50 pm
param_add 0.5 & param_invert & param_multiply 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 2& effect_slider 'filtr' 6 0.05

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 11:51 pm
Thanks again Nicotux!

I worked it out like this
After having a look at it this is what I got. Not perfect but pretty good

param_bigger 0.50 ? param_invert & param_multiply 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 6 0.05 : param_smaller 0.50 ? param_reverse & param_multiply 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 6 0.01

Thanks to all of you,
I hope you have a nice day.

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 3:23 pm
Excuse my last post. After a bit of testing the script above does not actually combine the two effect modes, only a double of one on each side. Seems like the VST won't focus on the other effect mode..

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 4:40 pm
Solved it by copying the Filtr .dll file in the soundeffect path. Works perfect now :)

param_bigger 0.50 ? param_add -0.50 & param_multiply 2 & effect_slider 'filtr 2' 2 & effect_slider 'filtr 2' 6 0.05 : param_reverse & param_multiply 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 2 & effect_slider 'filtr' 6 0.01

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 7:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)