Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How Do I Map Booth Out to Mono using Pioneer SZ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using SZ controller I can't find a way to send a mono signal to booth while keeping stereo to main.

Is this possible? If so please explain.

Thanks

Charlie

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 10:36 pm
No, it's not possible.
The mixer of DDJ-SZ is a hardware mixer, and Pioneer didn't include a Stereo/Mono switch on it.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 12:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
just curious, what is the difference between mono_mix and just splicing two wires together?, I have ideas but they're based on guess work.
could be the average but that will have cancellations [or it could be susceptible], it could be the max, I really am just pondering...

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 12:28 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
right, the difference is impedency ... need at least a Y adapter to mix both channels correctly with cables

the other hand, you can select booth twice in the audio config (only channel 1) for one and (only chanel2) for the second output
VDJ will mix them itself

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 12:35 am
I tried the y cable but the mix coming out seems off. I must be doing something wrong. Sound vol is inconsistent. Some songs have low vol than all of a sudden the bass will kick in on another track. Like one channel signal is stronger than the other.
The mains in stereo no issues.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 4:33 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 5:35 am
RetroDJCharlie wrote :
Using SZ controller I can't find a way to send a mono signal to booth while keeping stereo to main.

Is this possible? If so please explain.

Thanks

Charlie

I use a 2 into 1 splitter on my Sz and RZ for booth monitor. 5.00 dollar fix.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 20 @ 4:50 pm
Nicotux wrote :

the other hand, you can select booth twice in the audio config (only channel 1) for one and (only chanel2) for the second output
VDJ will mix them itself

No, you can't with DDJ-SZ
Because the BOOTH output is hardware controlled.
VirtualDJ sends audio "per channel" and the hardware mixer does the rest.
SZ audio interface does not expose the "master" or the "booth" outputs for software to use because there's no physical connection to it there (unit's audio routing design)

On other controllers that expose "master" and "booth" audio outputs that's possible, true.
However IIRC only DDJ-800 exposes booth on software.
All other controllers I know have the "booth" output tied to master output (basically the audio splits on 2 different buses right before the exit stage, one goes to master attenuator, and one to booth attenuator and out)
So, on most cases you cannot simply set booth to MONO and keep master on Stereo.
Other controllers like DDJ-1000 offer a hardware (firmware) setting for that (that can be changed through VirtualDJ controller settings)

Posted Sat 28 Nov 20 @ 11:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)