Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Oninit deck volumes in 2021?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I am trying to set my deck volumes so that they come on at 0% at startup with a Denon MC6000mk2 as opposed to 100% by default, on previous versions I have achieved this using the oninit function, however I can't seem to get this to work on 2021. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 12:41 pm
karaokian wrote :
I can't seem to get this to work

What exactly have you typed in?

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 12:54 pm
deck 1 volume 0% & deck 2 volume 0% however I'm not entirely sure I'm entering the script in the correct place as the mapping screens look a bit different

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:00 pm
I think the last time I used the oninit function was on VDJ 2018 (possibly earlier) and when I have updated to the next version the settings just carried across, this time though I have installed VDJ 2021 on a new laptop as the old one was Windows 7.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:21 pm
karaokian wrote :
deck 1 volume 0% & deck 2 volume 0% however I'm not entirely sure I'm entering the script in the correct place as the mapping screens look a bit different

Some midi (asio) drivers might send position of sliders at start up and the software adjust to correct/corresponding position.
Maybe thats whats going on.

But check the ONINIT part of the mapper, if your volume actions are there, and could also try the keyboard mapper at same entry just to test

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:22 pm
karaokian wrote :
I'm not entirely sure I'm entering the script in the correct place

So where are you entering it?

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:23 pm
Settings / mapping / keyboard / oninit - then script in the action box.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 2:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
try the oninit for the HW device, perhaps keyboard initialises before the HW does

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 3:00 pm
Thanks for your help guys, I think I've got it sorted, for some reason there were two mapping profiles for the Denon controller, one with default setting and one custom mapping the later did not have an oninit option, I switched to the default, entered the script and it seems to have worked.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 8:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)