Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: EQ10 Profiles Not Working on Mac. Please Help?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have installed the EQ10 profiles for mac but it does not show in the EQ10. Please Help?

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 4:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
EQ10 Profiles needs the Equalizer10 to work and dont think it's anymore available , and if it is , doubt if has Mac version.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 4:41 pm
Are you referring to the EQ10 Audio Fx Extention?

I have installed and it shows it available in VDJ (Windows Version), and it works well as expected.

Once installed it is in the Fx effects list, available to be chosen for a Fx button.
see video
https://gyazo.com/a7bb489c06b2c107ab28f7b9559dd521

---------------------------------------------------------
I have a question:

How does one set/save a Preset to be the default, so that when one starts VDJ that Preset will be used by EQ10.

Currently each time I start VDJ, I need to open the EQ10 control panel for both the Left and Right decks and change the Preset to the one I wish to use.

Only solution I have thought of is to only have 1 preset.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 11:38 pm
Hi I have installed EQ10 and then EQ10 profiles. but the profiles does not show?

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 8:12 am
Behind the menu window in your picture above, is a green Plus sign ( +).

After you have created the profile that you want, by adjusting each of the 10 EQ sliders, click that green plus sign, and a naming window will pop up so you can give that arrangement of EQs a name and save that profile.

Repeat for as many profiles as you would like.

The red minus sign will remove the current profile.

And the menu you now have showing in your photo will then list all your saved profiles, allowing you to select the profile you want to use at the moment. (or select using the [<] or [> ] scroll buttons)

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 11:54 am
Hi

the EQ10 profiles plugin loads all the presets. but it does not.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 8:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why do you need presets someone else made anyway?
Surely they will not match your own environment?

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 8:34 am
This questions could have gotten buried in the text.

How does one set/save a Preset to be the default, so that when one starts VDJ that Preset will be used by EQ10.

Currently each time I start VDJ, I need to open the EQ10 control panel for both the Left and Right decks and change the Preset to the one I wish to use.

Only solution I have thought of is to only have 1 preset.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 10:23 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's not really made for per deck use - it's intended as a master fx

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 10:27 am
Could you explain the use of having a fixed but different preset on the left and the right deck?

I think it should be possible to add a keyboard ONINIT script that loads each preset to the deck you want.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 10:52 am
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
The eq10 can be set independently for each deck. Calling the presets can be done with this (curtesy locodog)

effect_button 1 6 0 & param_equal `effect_string "EQ10" 1` "Flat" ? nothing :
effect_button 1 6 0 & param_equal `effect_string "EQ10" 1` "Flat" ? nothing

However, pad buttons can be used as well or put in onit to make your own presets that are easier to call.
Once the pads are defined you can set action poi's that change the eq10 settings dynamically within songs.

effect_slider 'EQ10' 1 50% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 2 75% &effect_slider 'EQ10' 3 50% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 4 75% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 5 50% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 6 75% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 7 50% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 8 75% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 9 50% & effect_slider 'EQ10' 10 75%

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 12:48 pm
@ Adion & Locodog

Its not that I want a different Preset for each deck. And was changing both Decks to use the same preset at startup.
And using EQ10 with Master Fx may be a better option, especially since EQ10 controls can be pinned (detached in its on its floating window).

My use was to add some needed punch to tracks that are too mid-range during a transition and also at times to add more effect during the tracks normal phrasing.

-----------------------------------

The default Preset for the EQ10 can be set by clicking this button. (The one that looks bit like a maze.)

(Just discovered something new )
Now the Preset of choice is loaded at startup. Yay !

--------------------------------------
@Grok32

Interesting idea to have pads with diff EQ10 presets, that could be used for dramatic effects.. and even to program them in with POI editor.

I did not understand the 11 lines of code that all look identical. Are those for pad programming?

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 9:37 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
tracks that are too mid-range

If a track has too much mid, then turn down the mid EQ on the mixer. No need for a 10 band graphic just for that.

For a permanent fix, re-EQ the track(s) using Adobe Audition or similar.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 9:49 pm
Thank you Groovindj

Since the amazing Stems have been introduced, which I love and use all the time, I have been using EQ10 for making EQ changes.

Since if I set the option resetEqOnLoad = Yes
it also resets my stems, if stems are showing at time of load of new track, (which is always the case).
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/236250/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Reset_stems_onload.html?search=resetEqOnLoad&page=1

And finding that many times (since not visible) my EQs were not zeroed out for next track (forget to go back and remove the EQ since using the stems at the transition).

Looking into purchasing additional an Knobs controller to have access to Stems and EQs at the same time .

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 10:13 pm
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
"I did not understand the 11 lines of code that all look identical. Are those for pad programming?"

They can be placed in a pad. It is not possible to set presets directly, only step through them. This code steps trough one at a time and checks for profile 'Flat' , when it find flat it exits.

Just change 'Flat' to the profile name you want to activate.

Depending on how many presets you have, you may need to add more lines.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 10:21 pm
I want presets for EQ10 like pop, deep bass, dance....

Posted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 3:14 pm
Why do you need presets someone else made anyway?
Surely they will not match your own environment?

Posted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 4:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)