Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Drop outs/ glitching sounds with new update

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,
As the title suggests

I have pioneer sb2 ddj and MacBook early 2015 model

Since upgrading to latest version of vdj I'm getting these glitches ect when song are being loaded on the other deck while the other song is playing. This happens in recording too... I had stems activated then I went back to original old Eq mode to check and it still does it... I don't believe it's my Mac problem cause it should be able to handle this no probs.

Insight is welcome please
Thanks

Posted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 10:24 am
Had to do with (analyzing) the track...

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 2:59 am
DJBRAYMAC wrote :
Hey guys,
As the title suggests

I have pioneer sb2 ddj and MacBook early 2015 model

Since upgrading to latest version of vdj I'm getting these glitches ect when song are being loaded on the other deck while the other song is playing. This happens in recording too... I had stems activated then I went back to original old Eq mode to check and it still does it... I don't believe it's my Mac problem cause it should be able to handle this no probs.

Insight is welcome please
Thanks

I think I figured out what you need to do..
Switch mathEngine to Disable
And then switch coloredWaveforms in the settings to monochrome.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 20 @ 3:01 pm
Hey man,
Thanks for your suggestion

I'm trying this now , will test for a while then report back to you.

Thanks man
Cheers

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 5:59 pm
DJBRAYMAC wrote :
Hey man,
Thanks for your suggestion

I'm trying this now , will test for a while then report back to you.

Thanks man
Cheers

Do you think this will still be ok for our Computers CPU though?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 6:02 pm
drop outs / glitches are usually due to the audio buffer running dry on the sound card driver.

In VirtualDJ settings, try set latency to 256
That is a 256 sample buffer for the sound card.

Can even try 512, if still not good.

And if your computer is low end or struggle with the stems feature, simply open settings and set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed".
That way everything works as fast and easy on the computer as before ;-)

(with precomputeStems you can still use the stems, at right click in browser, for song(s) you want to, and do this before you mix, as a "pre analyze" so that it doesnt use much computer powers while mixing)

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 6:17 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
drop outs / glitches are usually due to the audio buffer running dry on the sound card driver.

In VirtualDJ settings, try set latency to 256
That is a 256 sample buffer for the sound card.

Can even try 512, if still not good.

And if your computer is low end or struggle with the stems feature, simply open settings and set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed".
That way everything works as fast and easy on the computer as before ;-)

(with precomputeStems you can still use the stems, at right click in browser, for song(s) you want to, and do this before you mix, as a "pre analyze" so that it doesn't use much computer powers while mixing)

Thanks alot for all the tips and info --> this makes sense now, I didn't realise vdj has latency settings .. ill check up on this and all these tips aswell...
Actually the tip that the previous guy responded to seemed to work too for now, but I will Definetly give this a try too , Thanks a million !! :)

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 9:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)