Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto-Play track on load (Viia midi controller or simply drag and drop)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a fairly basic question... this might have been asked countless times as it should be the most basic feature... but could you please help/guide to simply auto play track on "track load"

I am having difficulties to achieve this even on DVS mode and that's quiet shocking to be fair. Can't see myself leaving the turntable to press play and prepare my mix.

For the record I'm on VDJ V8.5 b6106 using the most powerful MBP to date.

Thanks

Posted Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 1:25 pm
I don't think you can do this with Drag & Drop, but you can remap your load button to
load & play

Posted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 11:21 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
make sure loadsecurity is off
you may also test load_next "keepplay"

Posted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 2:38 pm
> I don't think you can do this with Drag & Drop, but you can remap your load button to
Yes, it also works with drag and drop. Go to the keyboard mapping, search for the action "OPSONGLOAD" and put in the command "play". It will trigger the command as soon as the song will be loaded into any deck.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 5:32 pm
Here's your fix for anyone looking to achieve this MINOR feature which in fact should be a default.

Select keyboard map and then.... ONSONGLOAD -> timecode_active ? play : nothing

Have fun!

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 3:53 pm
FUNKist wrote :
Here's your fix for anyone looking to achieve this MINOR feature which in fact should be a default.

Default? Really?
Do you really want the music to instantly "run away from you" when you are in a DVS setup?
That would be ... pretty bad I think

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 4:01 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
FUNKist wrote :

Default? Really?
Do you really want the music to instantly "run away from you" when you are in a DVS setup?
That would be ... pretty bad I think

Not at all... that's how it should be. But I accept your opinion.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 8:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)