Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is 3 tablets running Virtual DJ Remote Even Possible???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey, i was scanning through the skins for the virtual dj remote app and came across this image for running dual inexpensive tablets as deck displays. I really like this look (Even though i know it's over kill. lol) I actually utilize the remote alot because many times i may need to leave the booth, and so i take it with me. i was wondering would it even be possible to run 3THREE tablets with the remote? 2 for the 2 deck displays and one i could carry out of the booth? im thinking it might be possible, however the one i carry out of the booth with me, i would like the default skin on it and the two in the booth showing the single decks? is that possible to only have 2 showing one skin and another showing the default? i haven't bought the cheap tablets yet, so i cant test the theory. but if its possible then i probably would.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 6:46 am
EDIT: I already figured it out, lol. im going to leave this up here in case anyone else is interested in doing this, but its possible. i used my phone and tablet to test. basically you just disconnect the tablets that you dont want to install the skin on, and reconnect when youre done. and im assuming you can add more than 2 devices. i need another device to test furthermore.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 6:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 1:41 pm
hey djdad. i love your skins. i currently am running two older android phones for the deck displays until i can get the cheap tablets i want, and im trying to control it all with the default skin on my ipad. so i currently have 3 working, however anytime i try to load a song via the ipad using the default skin it freezes. i have no idea whats causing it, idk if its a bug or what, but do you have any idea for a fix on the ipad? your remote skins are working great on my older phones, and i know the ipad has the power to run it, because its the ipad mini 5 2019 model

EDIT: after working with it and disconnecting and reconnecting all devices it seems to be working right

Posted Sat 19 Sep 20 @ 6:56 am
also, i know its prob alot harder to do, but any news of a video interface for the remote?

Posted Sat 19 Sep 20 @ 8:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)