Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tracks loading very slowly on decks on new version of VDJ. - Page: 1
I have an Apple MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.6, PROCESSOR: 2.6 GZ Dual-Core Intel Core i5, MEMORY: 8GB 1600 MHZ DDR3, FLASH STORAGE: 500.07 GB

The problem started after installing the new version of VDJ 2021 b6067 MAC. The tracks load extremely slow into the decks even after BATCH and analyzing for BPM's the entire music folder. This MAC has nothing else but music. I have uninstalled VDJ and re-installed it but the issue continues. Help please!

Posted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 1:11 am
Mesmo problema que estou tendo, e se eu coloco a música para tocar antes de completar a leitura ela dá uma destorcida no áudio

Posted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 1:47 am
Looks like I'm going back to Serato. :-(

Posted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 4:41 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to set mathengine to disabled if your computer is too slow for the new stems feature

Posted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 4:49 am
Like adion said it's the new stems feature. So ithe track is already loaded and ready to play when you see the separatiom of stems happening
And as posted you can simply disable the stems feature if you don't want it

Posted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 7:02 am
The songs itself should quick as before, and you can start playing it right away.
Its the "2nd load" you probably mean, when the stems are generated on the fly.

If its very slow at loading the stems (vocal only, drum only etc versions of the song), an option can also be to set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed" in settings.

That way everything will work as fast and easy on the computer as before, yet you can still use stems by "pre-analyze" for stems, much the same way you can analyze for bpm etc. (at right click in browser for selected song(s), and can do this prior to gig and live mix)

Posted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 9:01 am
And how do you disable the stems feature? I don't see that option on the choices listed. Please post the steps if you're so kind. Thank you!

Posted Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 8:21 pm
Please read post #4 of this thread.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 8:46 pm
Thank you! Disabling mathEngine solved the issue. Best regards!

Posted Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 2:44 am
Mas mesmo assim, acho muito chato não pode usar o sistema na plenitude, apesar de eu não ter gostado dessa nova possibilidade.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:36 am
Thanks disabling the Mathengine helped a lot

Posted Mon 21 Jun 21 @ 1:04 pm
thanks guys disabling precomputed fixed my issue

Posted Sat 20 Nov 21 @ 12:34 pm
I've disabled Math engine stems and am still having issues.

Running off of an external SSD

I never used to have issues and I used to work off a HDD

Laptop has 12 cores and 16GB of ram

When slow loading of tracks occurs the program does a 30 second freeze.

CPU isn't working hard at all

Please help I've been pissed off for 2 weeks

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 2:31 pm
Make sure all USB hubs in device manager are set to not save power.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 3:01 pm
I did that as well if there's anything else please let me know I'd love to fix this today

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 3:11 pm
Is it slow just loading in VDJ or when copying files to say the C drive?

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 3:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So happens with every track you try to load ? And always like that or happens randomly ?

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 3:13 pm
only in virtual it loads fast and transfers quickly everywhere else.

I've noticed that it loads tracks very quickly in succession it's when I play one track to completion that the load times freezes and it acts very much like a sleeping drive trying to wake up

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 3:24 pm
Well I appreciate the help everyone I've enjoyed virtual Dj for over 5 years but think its time to throw in the towel I even tried downloading an old version of virtual It still just isn't working. I'm going to try mixx but even then it might be time to just find a new career I have multiple drives here nothing is working and I have the best gear of my life .

I'm too frustrated at the moment and the virtual DJ crew don't seem to answer from what I've heard tired of being stressed out over two weeks of this.

The job has its own problems and stress this is just unacceptable.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 3:48 pm
so my way of fixing was I downloaded no sleep hd program to run a byte of info to my drive every minute

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 4:39 pm
91%