Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2021 crashes immediately after start
After yesterday's update to Virtual DJ 2021, the program freezes immediately after its start. "Freezes" means: It is not possible to use any UI control element of the software. Instead the Windows Waiting-Cursor (rotating circle) is permanently displayed. After a while a popup dialog of Windows appears that the program doesn't react anymore and can be forcefully terminated. If I do this, always a crash report is sent to Microsoft.

Operational system is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, latest version 2004
System: Intel Core i7-6500U CPU 2,5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 940 M

Best regards,
Stephan

Posted Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 10:17 am
I have the same problem with my brand new MacBook Pro. I can load a song but it never plays. It was fine before I updated the program this morning.

Posted Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 5:19 pm
soundfx211 wrote :
(...) I can load a song but it never plays. (...)

I can't even load a song. Virtual DJ is immediately unusable as soon as I start it.

Posted Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 4:01 am
scarlcoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Virtual DJ isn't starting for me at all. Hangs on a black screen with the blue windows circle icon of doom - no interface or anything. Tried re-booting, removing & re-installing... no good. I have a separate installation as a test bed, still running build 6042 - no problems at all.

Will we have an update soon?

Posted Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 3:27 pm
Beat_NHome userMember since 2017
After working for 5 minutes Virtual DJ 2021 stops, freezes and when I try to kill the task, my whole computer freezes. I've performed clean re-installations, then I've tried and switched versions, checked all of my audio drivers but none of them solved my problem.

Got any solution to this? I need to do a lot of work but I'm unable to.
Please help me out ASAP!

P.S.: I use Windows 10 Home.

Posted Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 2:22 pm
Beat_N wrote :
After working for 5 minutes Virtual DJ 2021 stops, freezes and when I try to kill the task, my whole computer freezes. I've performed clean re-installations, then I've tried and switched versions, checked all of my audio drivers but none of them solved my problem.

Please help me out ASAP!

Maybe your computer is just too old, or slow for the new stem features.
Try this, in settings set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed".

Works well then? Should work exactly as before with that setting on ;-)
And if all is good with that setting on, you can still use stems by right-click song(s) in browser, and choose PreCompute.

(and if your computer is not old or slow, post what specs you have, if any graphic card etc..)

Posted Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 2:28 pm

Please help me out ASAP!

Maybe your computer is just too old, or slow for the new stem features.
Try this, in settings set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed".

Works well then? Should work exactly as before with that setting on ;-)
And if all is good with that setting on, you can still use stems by right-click song(s) in browser, and choose PreCompute.

(and if your computer is not old or slow, post what specs you have, if any graphic card etc..)

I've the HP OMEN 15 with 8GB of RAM, Intel i5 9th gen (overclocked), Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 - 4GB. Also I tried this preCompute setting but no effect.

Posted Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 3:03 pm
Beat_N wrote :

I've the HP OMEN 15 with 8GB of RAM, Intel i5 9th gen (overclocked), Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 - 8GB.

Seen quite a few post about this computer.
Its for sure more than powerful enough to run VirtualDJ flawlessly

Might be worth checking the computer a bit for rouge background processes and drivers.
I remember at least one user the fix was to turn off some driver/update checker from HP that seems to hang the system every X mins.

Some random links below that might get you on right path perhaps

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/hp-omen-4th-generation-freezes-for-few-seconds-after-few-minutes.3585887/

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-OMEN-freezing-issues/td-p/5881284
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Omen-15-Laptop-keeps-freezing-for-no-reason/td-p/6441880
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-HP-Omen-Freezes/td-p/6891395
and 100s more

Posted Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 3:07 pm
Beat_N wrote :

I've the HP OMEN 15 with 8GB of RAM, Intel i5 9th gen (overclocked), Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 - 8GB.

Seen quite a few post about this computer.
Its for sure more than powerful enough to run VirtualDJ flawlessly

Might be worth checking the computer a bit for rouge background processes and drivers.
I remember at least one user the fix was to turn off some driver/update checker from HP that seems to hang the system every X mins.

Some random links below that might get you on right path perhaps

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/hp-omen-4th-generation-freezes-for-few-seconds-after-few-minutes.3585887/

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-OMEN-freezing-issues/td-p/5881284
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Omen-15-Laptop-keeps-freezing-for-no-reason/td-p/6441880
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-HP-Omen-Freezes/td-p/6891395
and 100s more

youtube 2lwHDcCC98E

Thanks...I'll check them out and let you know for sure!

Posted Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 3:09 pm
Tried out all the solutions but didn't solve my problem. A few moments after I just open the software it freezes and when I try to kill the process my CPU freezes too.
I can't practice my stuff since 2 months I guess. Please help me out.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 11:55 am
Same thing on a HP Pavillon after update 6106. The problem appears just after a click on a drop-down menu or open the options. I already had this problem with the first versions of VDJ 2021 but I had solved it by updating my intel graphics drivers. VDJ freeze and cannot kill the process. Forced to restart my pc at the button.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 9:47 am
Having major issues with virtual dj 2021.
I start the program and it will be fine but then intermittently the program will close and then open right back up. Then it could close again and open right back up. Sometimes the song keeps playing or sometime it will completely stop. Then my side lists or automix list are gone.. Using windows 10 i5 processor. I have VDJ 2021 on 10 other computers with own licenses with same specs and no problems.
Thoughts?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 2:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@brechj10,
Which sound card are you using in VirtualDJ Audio Setup ?
Can you post a screenshot of your VDJ Settings ->AUDIO tab ?

In case you are using some USB sound card (e.g. the controller's one), try to open Windows Sound settings and set your computer's builtin sound card as default playback/recording/microphone device instead the controller's one.

Are you using any 3rd DMX Plugins ? Do you have any files in Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins64/AutoStart folder ? If so, can you try to remove them and see if you still get the crash ?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 3:48 pm
From a few days ago, virtual dj 2021 has frozen, the song continues to sound but it no longer allows anything to be done and the computer I have to turn it off because it cannot be closed, restart anything. My computer is an Asus Gamer Intel Core I7 7700HQ, Nvidia GeForce 1050, 16 Gb RAM, 512 SSD and 1Tb HDD.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 7:33 am
nyombikHome userMember since 2018
I think this is a general problem for virtual Dj 2021. It’s really annoying. The best solution for me is to fall back to version 2020. I think these stem features though awesome by the way are causing the problem.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 3:14 pm
Of course this is a problem that the virtual dj team will solved at future update.
Why even the best and fastest CPU has the same problem, playing videos freeze after few playing minutes and we have close and reopen the virtual dj.
For the moment initial version virtual dj b5918 to b5929 is working better for me.
After this until the last update, the freezes begin.
I hope virtual dj team establish it soon
My PC specifications:
Intel Core i9-10920X CP
Mem 32gb DDR4 3600mhz
Video GeForce GTX 970 4gb with last intel drivers.
Thank You Virtual Dj the best program to mix videos.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 7:56 pm
Since the day I installed 2021 I have had no crashes of any kind only a minor scripting error for the Hercules Inpulse 500 on the browsing encoder. All of my computers are old. The laptop is an ASUS G75V release in 2012 with a Gen 3 i7 2.6gb 16gb ram Win 10 PRO 64 and GTX660 which is not good enough for the video. My workstation computer is an old AMD Phenom II, quad core 3.2gb, 16gb ram Gskill is my go to ram for every computer build. Radeon RX470 GPU and Win 10 PRO 64 built in 2011 with upgrades over the years. All Win 10 PRO 64 OS's were upgrades and not fresh installs. I always recommend the Win 10 PRO 64 because it will automatically separate 64 bit and X86 (32 bit) and allow the backwards compatibility of older software running 32 bit. That's the way it worked in Win 7 PRO 64. Win Home version do not have this feature and can cause issues when trying to run older software, I assume its the same for Win 10 as it was for Win 7. I just got done batch adding files to the data base on the ASUS for over 100,000 files and no crash. I am as we speak running both of those computers running 2021 playing songs on both A and B decks, the Laptop is hooked up to the Hercules Inpulse 500 using a External 3.0 Seagate drive and the Workstation has no controllers hooked up to it and is running off internal drives. Neither is crashing. Just added some files on the workstation from Dropbox and no issues. I hope this helps some of you in some way.

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 8:01 pm

Posted Tue 17 Nov 20 @ 4:30 am
m4rke44Home userMember since 2021
virtual DJ 2021, the program freezes immediately after its start. "Freezes" means: It is not possible to use any UI control element of the software. Instead the Windows Waiting-Cursor (rotating circle) is permanently displayed. After a while a popup dialog of Windows appears that the program doesn't react anymore and can be forcefully terminated. If I do this, always a crash report is sent to Microsoft.

Operational system is Windows 10 home64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz 8GB Ram

Posted Sun 24 Oct 21 @ 10:30 am
They imply it was working before they updated. Blaming it on the computer right away and sending people on a while goose chase? That is just plain stupid and a disservice to your customers.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 6:00 pm