Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: xtendamix downloads slow from europe ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using xtendamix.eu for several years now. I did not change my fiber internet operator (orange) or anything else, but downloads from xtendamix started to be slow since about june 2020.

I get around 12-16kbps when downloading 8-10 files. and even for single files/requests at event it is ridiculously slow now (20-30 minutes per song)
I tracerouted the connection and now it seems to download from canadian servers, not sure how it was before slowdown.

Does anyone from Europe experience same slowdowns?

I tried different time periods of day and it does not matter. other sites work swiftly.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 10:43 am
I think it's their servers. Some tracks download in seconds and others take 45 minutes. I've reported it to them previously.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 11:05 am
Ive downloaded a single video right now in Xetendamix. I own a DSL 50MBit line and i was able to download with 5MB/s from Xtendamix - this is the maximum possible speed of my DSL line. The 110MB big file was downloaded in ~20 seconds.

My location: Munich, Germany

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 8:38 pm
strange, I changed my dns server on mac to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and speeds are fine now.
So I suspect that my ISPs dns servers were resolving to the canadian data centre and not the european one.
Interestingly I had opposite problem few years ago, when using google dns - Playstation and iTunes were slow.

Hope it helps someone, too. Thank You guys for veryfying & helping to resolve.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 11:42 am
Use 9.9.9.9 or the DNS server of your internet provider. Because, why should google know what pages are you accessing...

Posted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 2:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VDJ Monty wrote :
Use 9.9.9.9 or the DNS server of your internet provider. Because, why should google know what pages are you accessing...

And why should you trust Quad9 more with that information than Google :p

Posted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 3:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)