Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Custom-Button to change the video-output-skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I would like to create a button to switch between different video output skins.
But I find no function...

Posted Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 10:37 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
setting videoSkin "the_skin/:the_layout"
i.e.:
setting videoSkin "EmoGee Title Video Skin/:Skin"
setting videoSkin "VintageView/:SimpleBG"
setting videoSkin "BlackSheep Pro VS:BlackSheep Pro VS"

Posted Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 10:54 am
Does the above work?

This would be really helpful for me right now.

I’ve customised a couple of skins to suit my stream but would like to change the skin variant depending on which camera is selected.

So scripting Video skin changes would be really nice.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 5:45 pm
Yes the above does work, it's what would be fine is not having to toggle useVideoSkin for it to display and not having to play with settings, but yes it works

i.e.: simple switch between 2 skins
setting videoSkin "VintageView/:SimpleBG" ? setting videoSkin "for Broadcast:broadcast" & setting useVideoSkin off & setting useVideoSkin on : setting videoSkin "VintageView/:SimpleBG" & setting useVideoSkin off & setting useVideoSkin on
or with access to selection menu:
holding ? shift ? video_output 0 : setting useVideoSkin : setting videoSkin "VintageView/:SimpleBG" ? setting videoSkin "for Broadcast:broadcast" & setting useVideoSkin off & setting useVideoSkin on : setting videoSkin "VintageView/:SimpleBG" & setting useVideoSkin off & setting useVideoSkin on

You also can define your variants in the same videoskin as pannel
then show the wanted varient depending on the value of "deck master effect_slider camera 2 "

the use of condition= needs skin to reload (as above)
the use of visibility= needs more CPU

Posted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 6:23 pm
Hello, I'd like to switch the music video to the bigger screen and the two web cams to the smaller screens

Posted Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 11:58 pm
nothing to do with the settings

its theorically doable using helper pad BCASTER GFX
but i can't currently make it work due to technical problem

For info:
"get_nb_multicam" which is used by the skin to detect cameras always returns 0 for me

Posted Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 1:29 am
rjsvinylmix wrote :
Hello, I'd like to switch the music video to the bigger screen and the two web cams to the smaller screens

You can download the Broadcaster FX pads to change those views ;-)

Learn how to use the skin here : https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/BroadcasterGFX.html

And pads to control the skin you can find under pads in Extensions in the software settings

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 10:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)