Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Draging Track to Virtual Folder > Need Assistance

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

Need some help or a tip.

Here is the situation: I have sorted all my music and ordered it (using the lastest version of VDJ2020), finding songs I wish to add to different virtual folders. I drag one track to a virtual folder and the focus of the browser becomes, that virtual folder. I then redirect the focus of the browser, back to the Hard Drive ( WD BLACK running at 7200 rpms) which holds all my music, and it takes 1.5 - 2 min to reload the 150k files. The way I am doing this, I can only sort about 35 songs per hour and is annoying. Is there way to keep the focus on the entire music collection while adding a track to a virtual folder?

Or a way to store the file info in RAM so the browser does NOT need to read the entire music collection again from the hard drive.

(Right clicking a track does not give an option to move, or copy, a track to a virtual folder.)

Tips or tricks or workarounds appreciated

Thanks

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 8:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could drag the virtual folders over to the sideview, that way you can drag & drop from browser to sideview

Either way, browsing to a folder should not take 2 minutes though. Do you have file date selected as a browser column?

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 9:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)