Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Mic FX - delay , compression & Vocal transformer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

would be awesome if the mic could have audio effects

effects like delay, compression, also vocal transformer (you know the effect that you can use to change pitch, formant - turn male voice into female voice , robot voice etc.)

:-)

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 1:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 4:56 am
Also, the new skin from djtouchdan here has FX as well as three band EQ for the mic built right in to the GUI.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 7:09 am
Adion wrote :
https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80618

strange, i cannot see this effect on my virtual DJ 64 or 32 bit, through the extensions feature.
and i cant download it directly from the website

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 6:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
All [well, most] downloads are done in app these days, it's there in app, it's a padpage.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 6:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's not an Effect, it's a Pads page and you install it from within VirtualDJ Settings->Extensions.
Its an easy way to get some Effects on Mic , which is another slot for Effects same as Master, Decks, Sampler etc , unless of course you choose a skin offering dedicated buttons/knobs for this such as the above posted or Blocks.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 6:12 pm
ahh ok , i got it now , thanks

i see now that this gives us access to the virtual DJ effects, same ones we have on the decks.
however this is missing some of the stuff i was asking for. such as vocal transformer in particular.
i have been thinking about this, and Autotune would be also an amazing feature , especially if doing karaoke (adjustable , of course, so that it could be subtle or strong)

think of the roland VT4. of course you could just buy the VT4, but having it in the software is always an advantage, and virtual DJ does everything , so maybe some day it could do this too :-)

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 8:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nothing stopping you using a vst.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 9:04 pm
Waves OVox is pretty good.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 9:53 pm
true a VST would work

then again.... if an autotune /vocoder feature was in built in VDJ, you might be able to set it to set follow the key of the song which would be fun (if hit and miss)

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 6:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)