Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Allen & Heath Xone Dx works great
Ok, So for those that Have a Xone DX, I also have a Xone 4d, I know they are relics now, but there is no other controllers even in 2020 that sound as good in a club, I even had a test side by side with the new Denons, and the sound quality does not compare, For those looking for a cheap , good sounding solution , with a small frame but no bells and whistles, and pads,ec, You can get them now for 100 dollars or less on Ebay, People do not understand that these old relics are reliable and stable, ( I have had mine for years, with no repairs done). stable , made of metal, and sound fantastic.

So I tryed the lastest version of Virtual DJ with both controllers, the Xone 4D already has a mapper that works, after selecting it, no issues whatsoevver.

The Xone DX has a custom mapper the cesar one works best and he has a great skin for it, a couple of small details don't work so well with VDJ, but I will explain the workarounds.
Once you install the mapper and skin
I found out that the channels need to be assigned to left and right fader every time you open the program, kinda sucks it is not automatic, but not a big issue, just flip the switch back and forth and it will work. You just have to remember to do it everytime.

Another small issue is the gain knobs on the channels, do not react perfect, you have to move the gain up first and then up and down to get your gain volume to work. not a big issue but it still works.

The other thing that does not work well, is the effects, but you can fix that easily in the midi mapper. I did and now it is fine.

Also on the controller, if you want to make it work like you do a turntable or cdj, unpress scrub, skip on the Xone DX, and now you are fine. if you want to try scratching then turn it on.'

That is it , Everything else seems to work fine, very happy with it , That I can use my small print controller for small venues , using VDJ.

If anyone finds any other faults let me know.

Posted Sun 31 May 20 @ 11:38 pm
Do have a link to this mapper...

Posted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 10:17 am

Posted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 12:52 pm
I dont mind purchasing a licence, my problem is i love my xone dx, ive been using itch on windows 7, but i want to use it on my new MSI laptop which had win10 ... it sucks that they dont support it anymore... anyways thanks for the reply, appreciate it... 👍

Posted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 4:47 pm
Hello! Do you have to dowgrad to older version of mac or pc to make the DX work?

Posted Fri 06 May 22 @ 7:28 pm
I have a DX that I ran on a Win 7 system with VDJ ver. 8.3 that works fine until my laptop overheats, fan is shot. I downloaded the latest version for Win 10 got the drivers installed and copied over my definition and mapping files. Installed files in their appropriate device and mapping folder but can not get it to work. Do I need to recode for newer versions?

Posted Sat 09 Jul 22 @ 1:39 am