Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Campaign - Pro license

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

as everyone knows with all the covid-19 pandemic issue we djs were the first to stop working and we will be the last to return. As a result, the dollar also skyrocketed in emerging countries. A Pro license in some countries costs more than an entire month of work (minimum wage per month).
I believe that this would be a good time for the virtua Dj's sensitivity as a great company and to enable a more accessible license (promotion, discount).

Posted Mon 25 May 20 @ 9:47 pm

Posted Tue 26 May 20 @ 12:16 pm
visionz5 wrote :
$19 per month, if you can't afford the full price.

https://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Yes, albeit a good secondary choice, but what I think what is meant is on the infinity price. From my particular standpoint, if the Canadian dollar exchange wasn't so horrible, I would consider the upgrade rather than spend every month. but topping over 400$ CAD for me, that's not a choice available to me during these times

Posted Tue 26 May 20 @ 1:36 pm
Yes i meant the infinity license... Even 19 per mounth at this time is too mucho expansíve...

And i just think that could be a good oportunity tô help us djs in this quarentine days....

Posted Tue 26 May 20 @ 9:10 pm
easy solution if $19 per month is too expensive right now: cancel or don't pay for this month and let subscription lapse.
if you can't afford $19 right now... you have MUCH bigger issues to worry about than dj'ing

Posted Tue 26 May 20 @ 11:12 pm
I Wonder It was seing as promotional, mkt too

Posted Tue 26 May 20 @ 11:23 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
there is a point, forget about monthly subscription., is too expensive the lifetime license but at the same time is understandable.

idk

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 1:14 pm
if you're not working then you don't need one, if you book a job in that job must pay the 19 monthly fee, if it doesn't you really shouldn't be a DJ!

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 2:23 pm
Why does the exchange rate not apply to the monthly fee but it does with the Infinity price?
When I have purchased dollar priced software previously, I know it'll cost me according to the exchange rate. If it's advertised at $10 then I'll end up spending approximately £8. I would not expect to pay more than my US counterparts - that would be quite discriminatory unless there was a clear and reasonable additional cost to the seller.
I sell products online myself and I ship internationally but I charge one price for the world. If it's £10, it is the equivalent to £10 in any other currency.
However, it seems that VDJ/Atomix don't mind false advertising. $19 is not £19. $24 is about £19. So VDJ is an additional £5 pcm for UK customers. That's an extra $77 per annum simply for being outside the US.
Is this the state of USA trade practices?

I only bring this up because I am returning to DJing and have been shopping around for controllers. As you will know, subscriptions mount up and saved money is essential if the earnings are not yet forthcoming. For this reason, I may go down the Rekordbox - OBS - Virtual Cable route. I don't like Serato - or rather I didn't like it when it first came out when compared to VDJ.
As for Traktor: Not much going on there. No significant improvements for some time. Very stagnant though I heard a rumour NI may sell Traktor to Allen & Heath.
The one main feature that keeps bringing me to VDJ is the built in streaming and broadcasting.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 20 @ 9:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)