Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ability to broadcast video to multiple platforms simultaneously

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

why not add ability to broadcast to multiple platforms at the same time
lot of us DJs are trying to do this anyways by using other middle-man software. but it would be awesome if VDJ could just do it natively. or is there some logistical reason why this wouldnt be possible?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 1:45 pm
One problem might be upload speed.
When you broadcast ONCE to a platform that re-distribute (like some websites offer), you don't increase the amount of video data you need to send. They do the job for you, server side.

For VirtualDJ to send full HD video to multiple platforms, you'd probably need about 4-6 mb per second upload speed per provider, and that might be quite a bit for your internet connection to handle

(+ added weight to your CPU/GPU load, and what not... not sure how much that would be, but could be quite a bit perhaps)

But maybe it could be a feature, just not sure how useful if its gets to be too demanding for the computer and network,.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 1:50 pm
ok, thanks for the answer. thats quite informative. I wasnt sure if it would demand more resources.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 5:59 pm
There are plent y of 3rd party apps that let you do this anyways....

Posted Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 6:55 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
There are plent y of 3rd party apps that let you do this anyways....

i only know of re-stream. and its FB profile only, doesnt let me broadcast to a page without paying a subscription and doesnt have mixcloud on it.

what others are there?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 9:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
google broken at your end?
"restream alternative"

Posted Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 11:53 am

Posted Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 2:09 pm
Just a note that if you're a Twitch affiliate, Twitch’s exclusivity policy stipulates that all of your live content is subject to a 24-hour exclusivity period during which you won’t be able to publish it anywhere else online. https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/affiliate-agreement/

If you're a Twitch partner, that might vary depending on your contract but i reckon Twitch’s exclusivity policy applies for partners as well. Perhaps other platforms are like that as well, therefore, VDJ wouldn't want to put that liability on themselves (while you could still do that technically via third party software)?

Posted Sun 26 Apr 20 @ 12:48 am
earlyspark wrote :
VDJ wouldn't want to put that liability on themselves (while you could still do that technically via third party software)?

then the third party software would have the liability?

i think the liability would be with the user regardless of weather VDJ had the function or not.
already you have the ability in VDJ to broadcast video to twitch and audio to somewhere else if you wanted to.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 20 @ 5:41 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
i think the liability would be with the user

tru

Posted Sun 26 Apr 20 @ 7:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)