Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Camera video effect to be able to run multiple cameras with resizable displays

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

camera video effect could run multiple cameras with resizable display. it would be a good advancement for this plugin. lot of DJs can benefit from having multiple angles of their setup and it would be really handy to have it all in one plugin.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 20 @ 9:59 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
one on each deck one on master, all resizeable, how many cameras do you want?

Posted Fri 17 Apr 20 @ 10:05 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Consider the fact VDJ can
- have up to 99 decks... plus master, = 100
- have 2 busses per deck (Main + Releasefx)

Total : by default VDJ can handle at least 200 webcams right now ^^ ''in theory'', system may not
( missingmany .. mic or sample or aux ... that can have their own effect either )

Posted Fri 17 Apr 20 @ 10:27 pm
locodog wrote :

but on each deck, the cameras turn off when when you crossfade over and back, not useful for every scenario

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 11:45 am
Nicotux wrote :
Consider the fact VDJ can
- have up to 99 decks... plus master, = 100
- have 2 busses per deck (Main + Releasefx)

Total : by default VDJ can handle at least 200 webcams right now ^^ ''in theory'', system may not
( missingmany .. mic or sample or aux ... that can have their own effect either )

99 decks? i dont know how to get this going...

what im asking for is a camera plug in that can manage 2 or 3 cameras
why not have it all in one?

but im interested in what you are saying i just wouldnt know where to start, and i imagine most users wouldnt. it comes across a bit like saying "why would you want a simple option when you can have a complex one?" LOL perhaps not complex once you know how, but it sounds like an unintuitive route to take.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 11:52 am
locodog wrote :

three on the master output would be a very good number i think, for most DJs. one on the DJ and one on each turntable (if he is doing a vinyl set) maybe a 4th for a record sleeve.

( .i guess this is already possible now that i think of it but i just want to keep the cameras independent of the video x fader .....)

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 11:54 am
I know it's an old thread now, but I agree with Matty1000.

Having recently started using VDJ and cameras for streaming, I find the implementation not very user friendly.

There's only one 'camera' plugin listed, no matter how many you have connected. It would be better to list each camera separately, so if you have two connected, the plugin list shows 'camera 1' and 'camera 2' for example.

Having only one plugin, then having to select the camera using a rotary knob is also bad. Separate named or numbered buttons for each would be better (if we are stuck with one plugin for all cameras).

Another thing that's poor is VDJ not remembering the resolution of the camera. Having to select the res from a huge list of unwanted sizes every time is not good. Even getting to the list is awkward. I've still not managed to work out why sometimes the button works and sometimes it doesn't.

Posted Sun 03 Jan 21 @ 11:36 pm
THIS!. I long to use 3 webcams for livestreams

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 12:04 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
The main problem is ... as for any other plugin VDJ only remembers one setting
It saves all settings for all decks and buses and slots overwriting the same .ini file for all

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 1:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)