Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: fade2Black
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Discussion about fade2Black

Super simple video fx, dial picks 1/4 to 16 beats, turn the fx on it fades to back over that many beats, turn the fx off it fades back to full brightness over that many beats.
My personal use is dual source shader lumakey mixing, staggered timed trigger from sVideoControl, but you know it's just fade to black over beats, nothing fancy but I'm sure you'll find a use.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 2:52 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Maybe this one could be a good example for video plugin development :}

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 10:31 pm
It's really not a video plugin, it looks like one and acts like one but really it's just script, a rsi a bit of maths and video_level

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 11:12 pm
I just installed this, hoping it would do what I wanted...

It seems that VDJ isn't capable of fading the master video output to black.

From what I can find, fade-to-black is only available in dual source mode (which I don't use) and works via the volume faders, which is no good either as I'm not playing video on the decks.

I'm using a videoskin, which displays a camera and either slideshow, shaders, Milkdrop or a Spout feed. Sometimes I may turn the videoskin off and run any of the aforementioned full screen.

What I'd like is simply to fade my master video output to black when I finish a stream, rather than just cut the signal. I'm quite surprised it (apparently) can't be done. Seems an obvious requirement to me.

Posted Tue 26 Jan 21 @ 11:41 pm
deck master video_level
can be used in combination with pulse
... and some help from locodog maybe

Posted Tue 26 Jan 21 @ 11:54 pm
it's a script issue, deck master video_level, doesn't work.
if the devs addressed that, I think this fx would work as a master fx without any changes

Posted Wed 27 Jan 21 @ 5:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that the colorize plugin also has a brightness parameter that could be used to fade out master.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 21 @ 5:47 am
video skin would be something else in the xml

Posted Wed 27 Jan 21 @ 6:53 am
Strange i never got any issues with video_level
but if it's in a skin or videoskin visibility of video element can be used as well for this purpose
(but select the correct master : "source='master'" differs from "source='deck' deck='master'")
one is before effects apply the other one being after effects apply
examples stay in top of vb_8decks skin for the shapes and inserts and in the extra pad to control them

Posted Wed 27 Jan 21 @ 12:28 pm