Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: xdj xz
vibratmPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hy guys.....does pioneer xdj xz works with vdj 2020??

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 10:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 10:42 pm
vibratmPRO InfinityMember since 2007
so.....it's working!!

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 10:46 pm
you'll need the early access build of vdj but yes, it is.

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 10:48 pm
ive just purchased the pioneer xdj xz and downloaded lastest drivers and firmware..I connect to virtual DJ no problem ...but all i have working is the deck features play/pause/cue /tempo etc but none of the mixer features react with virtual dj ..so the channel volume slides dont react or the Eq knobs dont react or the crossfader ..they are all working fine on the controller in my headphones but not on screen ...Can this be resolved as i mix with videos so having no crossfader will be a nightmare

Posted Wed 15 Apr 20 @ 4:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 15 Apr 20 @ 5:21 pm
A lot of people seem to misunderstand that the 'virtual' mixer on screen is not required when you have a real one in front of you.

It's really only necessary if you're using just a mouse to control VDJ.

Choose a skin that does not have a mixer, or allows it to be disabled. You can see where your controls are by looking at your XDJ-XZ :-)

Posted Wed 15 Apr 20 @ 6:42 pm
But how does this help if broadcasting live through vdj will having no crossfader working in the program or volume slides not be a problem

Posted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 5:16 am
then turn MIXER MIDI MESSAGES on...

Posted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 5:45 am
How ??I've looked in the utility menu and can't see it

Posted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 8:17 am
I don't know, I don't own one, there's been recent driver & firmware updates, are you u2d?

Posted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 8:42 am
dj letdown wrote :
How ??I've looked in the utility menu and can't see it

You could try reading the instruction manual...

Posted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 4:34 pm
I have just unpacked XDJ-XZ, upgraded the firmware, installed drivers. All works as expected, easy. I love it. I would like to ask a couple of questions:
* Is there a way to hide the User, FX and Loop panels in the Virtual DJ interface? I prefer to use HW controls and have no plan to use the Virtual DJ interface for these three functions. I only want to see Pads panel as I put a lot of text onto HotCues/Loops etc. I see that XDJ-XZ sends the Midi messages for effects, so I could maybe map them and utilise the FX panel to show what is set on the XDJ-XZ mixer FXs, but it is a lot of work, and I would prefer to hide FX panel, too. I assume I could edit the skin, but is there a way without doing that? Or at least show some on these panels that makes more sense with XDJ-XZ?
* I see Shift cannot be used as a modifier (it is a pity). I used Shift + Pitch on the previous controller to control the pitch on both decks simultaneously.
<map value="SHIFT_TEMPO" action="pitch_lock on & pitch 'dual' & pitch_lock off" />
I kind of miss that. Any idea for a button that could be utilised for turning the pitch_lock on and off? I understand I cannot modify the pitch with Shift.
* I would like to see on the XDJ-XZ screen (when browsing for songs) more info, like BPM, Key, Rating. Is it possible? I.e. instead of the fanart - is this possible?

BTW I am using Pro, and I would like to keep it - I love the Phrase Circle Beat counter.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 21 @ 8:40 pm
I would like to share a solution for a useful way for the shift lock (at least for my use case):

MASTER button mapping:
masterdeck ? pitch_lock on ? masterdeck & pitch_lock off : masterdeck & pitch_lock on : masterdeck
LED_MASTER mapping:
masterdeck ? pitch_lock ? blink: on : off

Clicking on the Master button once keeps the usual behaviour of setting the master. The status of the pitch lock stays untouched, regardless of if it was on or off. Master led turns on when the pitch lock is disabled or blinking when enabled.
Further clicking on Master will toggle the pitch lock + Master led will be toggling between on and blinking, depending on the pitch lock status.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 10:55 pm
I have a good solution for hiding the User and FX panels with skin. I used GTS-2K21 skin that fulfils almost all my needs, except that it does not hide the loop panel. I recommend it for XDJ-XZ.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 22 @ 12:00 pm
One more question for the developers regarding XDJ-XZ: I love the machine and I am happy with the HW mixer, apart from the pre-listen feature.

I assume the HW mixer does not provide an output for headphones available to VirtualDJ, correct? I tried the following:
* Configuring headphones output in Virtual DJ to the sampler (OUT 9 & 10), as it would likely not be used together with pre-listen, but this goes straight to the master output. There is no volume control and no CUE for headphones.
* Sending it to an unused deck (i.e. deck 4, OUT 7&8), which works kind of OK, it is just a bit dangerous, because I am using decks 3 and 4 and I believe it is likely that I would want to pre-listen whilst playing from the deck 4.

So anything I missed (i.e. I should use some of the inputs instead of the outputs) or maybe there is some other trick/hack or best practice?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 9:50 pm