Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: filter issue with ddj sz2 and vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djt88PRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hi i have ddj sz2 controller as you see in the picture i like to use that filter option for mixing but when ever i press on filter and want to use it is not filter and is working as jet instead how can i do the setup with virtual dj and to be able to use the real filter and not the jet

Posted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 11:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
what happens if you press the filter button twice?

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 4:45 pm
is acting the same is working as a jet when i press jet butt itself it have a similar sound echo working fine jet working fine only filter working as a jet

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:05 pm
locodog wrote :
what happens if you press the filter button twice?

same working as a jet the jet and echo butt working fine

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:06 pm
I don't get the mapping, pitch, echo and jet look like they're hardware fx, filter is software , not sure why that is
what mapping do you have for that filter button
also what mapping do you have for ONININT

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:12 pm
The setup guide states that you have to use the audio setup as shown in the guide, to have the ColorFX work correctly.

Have you read the guide and are you using the correct setup?

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:17 pm
locodog wrote :
I don't get the mapping, pitch, echo and jet look like they're hardware fx, filter is software , not sure why that is
what mapping do you have for that filter button
also what mapping do you have for ONININT

i am not expert at mapping and never modify i got the latest vdj you plug and is detect your controller i tried in 2 diff laptop running windows filter acting as a jet what can i modify and how i put the asio setting at 512 and ausio running at 15 bit 44100

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:24 pm
groovindj wrote :
The setup guide states that you have to use the audio setup as shown in the guide, to have the ColorFX work correctly.

Have you read the guide and are you using the correct setup?

i am not good at mapping our stuff i got latest vdj asio 512 and audio 16 bit 44100 do you hav a link for guidline or show me how can i modify the mapping on sound color section that i make the filter work as a real filter and not as a jet

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:25 pm

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:51 pm
locodog wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/index.html

that doesnt help too many pages i did the installation and deviceworking fine my only issue that sound coolor fx filter do i have to change or modify the mapping ? do youhave the exact page for that that shows changing color fx filter mapping and how ?

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 6:23 pm
problem is fixed somehow i went to vdj option reset to factory defaults and everything working fine now

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 8:55 pm
Just FYI:
One of the strange things of SZ2 firmware is that 3 color effects are hardware, but filter is software.

This produces a strange side-effect: A user can choose any of VirtualDJ's color effects to be used in this position instead of filter.
However, the user must use the VirtualDJ GUI to select the color effect he wants to be used when "FILTER" is selected in SZ2.

At the time SZ2 was officially supported and the user manual for SZ2 was written, one could not switch software color effects.
That's why it's not mentioned anywhere, and that's why the mapper doesn't "force" the filter color effect to be used in software when a user presses the "FILTER" button on SZ2

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 11:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)