Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I can hear myself cueing up my mix when I broadcast.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HKNYCPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I recently got myself a Pioneer DJM 400 mixer with a set of Pioneer CDJ400’s. I decided to try it all out in a broadcast. And realized that I can’t control the internal mixer with the DJM 400. Needles to say, I can hear myself cue up the mix in the live stream.

Does anyone know of a work around for this? I have a separate sound card if necessary to make any audio changes etc. I just want to be able to mix with this setup and for the preview to only be heard in booth.

Even if I can possibly disable the internal mixer so it doesn’t interfere. Is that possible? Any ideas appreciated.

Posted Tue 11 Feb 20 @ 9:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The DJM-400 is not a MIDI device, neither has any USB Audio interface. So before advising what your options are, which sound card are you currently using (VirtualDJ Audio setup screenshot) and what connections have you done so far ?

What is the separate sound card model you have ?

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 2:11 pm
Yes, I am aware the the DJM 400 is not an interface or midi capable. It's why I am having this issue because I can't control VDJ with it...But, I thought maybe there could be a way to bypass the actual mixer section in VDJ, as to only be able to hear the DJM 400 into my livestream possibly.

I have a Behringer UMC 404 HD Soundcard, which I thought could help to reroute anything if possible. I really don't have much need to control the VDJ mixer section, so if it's possible that would be perfect.

As far as connections go...I am using the CDJ 400 latest ASIO DRIVERS and latest firmware 1.3. So I am having no issues there. CDJ 400 are go into the DJM 400, then output to my system. The Behring UMC 404HD is only a secondary sound mainly for production. But I also use it with other controllers and equipment. Everything works fine! It's just the cueing bleeding into my livestream mix, thanks.

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 3:27 pm
Your Audio setup is fine, but you dont have a "record" input, that's why you have the bleeding issue, as VDJ records/broadcasts both decks, because there is no "Master" and doesnt know the positions of the hardware faders.

What you need is to ..
- Use one of the 2 Master Out connections at the back of the DJM-400 and route the master out signal to an input of your Behringer sound card.
- In VDJ audio setup , you need to add a "record" line which will be using the Behringer sound card and the input you have used to connect the signal from the mixer.
and of course have the VDJ internal mixer "centered" and not used during your mix.

Read this.. http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/recordloopback.html

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 4:22 pm
Hey, really appreciate your help! I think it's on point now...I am testing it on livestream and everything seems good! Here's a snip of the settings, can you tell me if it's correct?

Thanks

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 7:43 pm
Just get rid of the "line in 1" line in Audio setup

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 8:32 pm
Been testing out the settings, everything is perfect now! I never setup any other system this way before, so I was clueless how to do it. And I couldn’t find any information on this specific problem as well.

Thanks for help

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 3:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)