Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Glitches/ pauses during songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

Any idea whats causing this glitchy, jumping issue? cant work out if its the PC . cables or VDJ software.

Posted Tue 11 Feb 20 @ 4:09 pm
Not without more information, no...

Posted Tue 11 Feb 20 @ 5:27 pm
I have a Mac 2015 model 8gig ram Running the latest software of VDJ and when i plug my controller into my Krk monitors at home through the only output source RCA's and select any songs whether it being Flac / Aiff/ mp3 /wave or shitty quality i seem to be getting these skips or pauses, glitching during the songs. Im gonna call Apple support though tomorrow and see if they can pick up any issues with the system of my MAC perhaps. And buy new RCA's from a friend who makes them good quality,
I tried restarting VDJ and restarting the PC just some proactive thinking in the meantime as its a bit urgent before my gigs.

Im not sure where its stemming from but process of elimination is my only bet for now.

Not sure if it could be the sound card on my controller ( Pioneer DDJ SB2 ) thats playing up or what cause i have a slight hum/ buzz on speakera aswel when using the Output from the controller

Hope thats sufficient info

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 12:13 am
This has been an issue for me for a few months, although I can't work out if it was the Catalina upgrade or the VDJ2020 upgrade that introduced the problem. Going to roll back to a pre-2020 build of VDJ and test that, but as the problem is very intermittent it might take me a week or two to find out if that fixes it. Will post back when I find out.

Posted Fri 14 Feb 20 @ 10:08 am
tangosynthesis wrote :
This has been an issue for me for a few months, although I can't work out if it was the Catalina upgrade or the VDJ2020 upgrade that introduced the problem. Going to roll back to a pre-2020 build of VDJ and test that, but as the problem is very intermittent it might take me a week or two to find out if that fixes it. Will post back when I find out.

Cool, Thanks forr the info, Interesting you had the same issue,

I think i may have fixed it (hopefully cause the gigs tomorrow)
I opened a support ticket and they reckoned it could be from overloading the usb ports so now im just sticking to max 2 and
not adding any additional external usb slots into the mac , i have that usb booster thing with 4 extra slots so the problem could of been that
it was drawing too much power and causing Lags and pauses and such.

Will report back though too.
Didn't notice it during yesterdays practise session at all when just using the provided usb ports on the Mac Book pro.
Controller + external HD only.

Let me know updates your side.
Cheers!

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 12:50 pm
I'm still on High Sierra version and didn't wanna upgrade software specially before the gig, but could be possibly that it has nothing to do with the Apple version
normally they are pretty robust.

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 12:53 pm
I'm having a problem with the words freezing while running karaoke but audio is fine and never misses a beat running VDJ 2020 on windows 10........ any input is appreciated.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 7:53 pm
Mine has been doing this since the update as well. I'm running Win10 on a gaming system, dual GPU's and 32GB RAM. I have opened the performance tab while spinning and noticed the the skips are always related to a CPU spike AND (when connected) a wifi activity spike. Don't know if the software is trying to reach out for information but it's really getting annoying. I am also wanting to roll back and see if that fixes it. Keep posting your updates... it will help all of us.

Posted Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 7:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)