Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Loop Out Effect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I see they have a loop out effect here on VDJ. I looked around for an answer and I did not see any threads actually ask/answer the question I had. How exactly do you use the Loop Out on VDJ? Do you for example just set it to 32 beats and then turn the effect on or do you have to like gradually turn the effect nob at the spot where you want it to start? Or do you have to have a loop set already and then turn on the effect?

Posted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 1:47 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
set the dial, call the fx.

Posted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 3:46 am
So then I just need to turn the dial to 32 for example, then turn on the FX button when I want it to start? I have been doing it right then.

However, it is set to "Fade Out" at the end but it keeps playing. That does not seem correct.

Posted Mon 13 Jan 20 @ 7:55 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm guessing you haven't looked at the fx gui, do that. It should then make sense.

Posted Mon 13 Jan 20 @ 8:24 am
Naito_Shade wrote :
So then I just need to turn the dial to 32 for example, then turn on the FX button when I want it to start? I have been doing it right then.

However, it is set to "Fade Out" at the end but it keeps playing. That does not seem correct.

When you turn the "first" / default dial to 32, it means you want a loop of 32 beats.
Then second fourth dial controls how many repeats of 32 beats you want before the deck stops / fade out.

My guess is that you missinterpret the purpose of the first dial to something like "fade out in 32 beats" which would be true only on the following cases:
1st dial is set to 32 beats and second dial to 1 repeat , or
1st dial is set to 1 beat and 4th dial to 32 repeats, or
any combination that their multiply result would be 32:
1st dial 4 beats and 4th dial 8 repeats

Loco edit, 2nd dial is fade type, 4th dial is repeat count

Posted Mon 13 Jan 20 @ 11:09 am
Oh! Okay. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much. The reason it did not fade out is because it is set by default to 8, so it played 32 beats 8 times.

Posted Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 1:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)