Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Color fx base effect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is the filter effect the only effect that can be used as the 'base' effect for the color fx? Is it possible to use the cut fx as a base...with things working similarly to the filter color fx..just cut replacing the filter.
And if this is currently possible...can we use other effects as the base effect ?

Posted Mon 16 Dec 19 @ 4:02 am
Any feedback on this?

Posted Fri 20 Dec 19 @ 12:41 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Fri 20 Dec 19 @ 12:59 am
Are the filter color effects a combination of the filter and the other effects? Or is no filter being applied...just the filter knob being used to control the other effects parameters? If filter is being applied along with the selected color fx,then the filter is what i am referring to as the "base effect"..and i am asking is the filter the only base effect that can be used...as effects like cut etc...may sound cool with color fx such as flanger and reverb added

Posted Wed 01 Jan 20 @ 12:59 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
ColorFX is really [there abouts] just another fx slot just accessed differently, if the fx has some filtering qualities it's because that fx was made that way.

Could a cut & reverb CFX be made? I guess so, but it would have to be written with C++.

Posted Wed 01 Jan 20 @ 1:19 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
effect_select 'colorfx' open a popup with some alternative effects to default filter

but list in this popup is not limitative
IMHO only those known to use is_colorfx and acting accordingly are shown

you can also specify effect not in the list
effect_select 'colorfx' "balance" or effect_select 'colorfx' "phaser" or effect_select 'colorfx' "beat grid"
and use effect_show_gui 'colorfx' to show gui or effect_active 'colorfx' to toggle fx
the color slider applies only to slider 1 and assume it is default 0 range -0.5 to +0.5 which may be totaly wrong

it seems colorfx apply after all deck fx

Posted Wed 01 Jan 20 @ 3:42 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
effect_select 'colorfx' "beat grid" works on a button showing blue, what script to take it Off? Or script to activate while pressed.

Posted Wed 01 Jan 20 @ 4:38 pm
I thought i read somewhere that the color fx being able to use with all effects was a bug..and can only now be used with the specified effects from the gui? And i understand what you mean that color fx assumes that the slider at 12 o clock means off or no effect.but isnt there some param invert script to deal with that?

Posted Wed 01 Jan 20 @ 5:24 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Not sure its a bug... or a wanted limitation waiting for a way to handle it a better way
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/227396/General_Discussion/Color_FX_New_by_Early_Access_Update_not_realy_works_.html?search=effect_select%20%27colorfx%27%20&page=1.85
"quote=lAdion]
Just change 'colorfx' to 4 to use slot 4 instead of the dedicated color fx slot.

In the default color fx slot only approved color fx are shown, since it does not work well with all effects. (For those not explicitly compatible, it will just use parameter 1, but that will depend on the effect if it actually does anything meaningful)
[/quote"

@lincol2

in a way to take it Off
effect_active 'colorfx' off
in a way to take it On
effect_active 'colorfx' on
in a way to toggle it
effect_active 'colorfx'

Note the "bug" in naming the gui - missing trailing " - colorfx" text prevent it to differentiate from standard deck plugin

Posted Wed 01 Jan 20 @ 6:13 pm
so is it logical to have the effects that appear in the color fx dropdown to be customizable? like in the options page..user can add in any other effects that are not in the current 11 so they can be used as color fx(like phaser and balance etc).
using up custom button seems senseless for adding to the list of 11...
i know this can be done via pad page.

Posted Thu 02 Jan 20 @ 11:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)