Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any Suggestions for a US Navy event for music and lighting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

About to book a Christmas and Awards banquet/dance for the US Navy at a nice hotel. Decor is nothing special, no antique columns, just basic walls and expecting good set of dimmers on their lights.

They do not want lighting, but this is a great opportunity for future business as this is the premier venue in our small resort town. I am thinking of bringing in some uplighting and using it to highlight anything in the room that warrants highlighting. Not just random locations. and just throw it in the package for free. I also want to bring a couple of dance lights for the dance floor (Chavuet Kinta's) and turn them on for the last 90 minutes when they expect the real dancing to begin. They will want stuff like Anchor's Away and the Star Spangled Banner of course.
What kind of a mood would look cool and apply to the Navy. True dark Blue and Red are impossible, but I an get close with lights that have RBGAW.

And music for dancing. Any suggestions?

Posted Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 11:43 pm
this is a time when research pays off - when armed forces say they DON'T want something - they DON'T want it.
treat it as you would an upscale corporate event (which it won't be...but there are reasons) and adhere strictly to their wishes UNTIL whoever is in charge of the event says otherwise.
Military / Armed forces events can be weird - when they go out to party (like here in my area) its a whole 'nother ballgame. but when they have their formal events they can be just that - very formal and business like. work as closely as you can with the event organizer - usually one of the senior non-coms or a junior officer, or one of the MWR reps - and pay very close attention to what they say and to scheduling of specific ceremonies.

Posted Sat 14 Dec 19 @ 2:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)