Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Advice with headphones needed....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Too many years of nightclubs and loud music, and now my hearing is really suffering. I've used Sennheiser HD25 headphones since they first came out in the late 90s, and i'm now looking for recommendations for a totally enclosed set of headphones. I need to wear them and totally block out the noise around me, as i do all my mixing in the headphones. The HD25s have been great, but looking for something more suitable now. Any suggestions anyone ?

Posted Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 12:12 pm
ATH m50x have a bigger cup and are renowned for good sound.

Posted Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 7:07 pm
I like and have V-moda crossfade. Just try them.

Posted Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 8:35 pm
I currently use the Sennheiser HD8 DJ which from my personal experience are pretty good at blocking out external sound.

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 8:58 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
My 5 pence worth, don't buy online. Great sound quality is one thing but comfort overrides sound qual, headphones are like walking boots you need to test the "fit" against your head/feet. Any decent hifi store will have no problem with you testing several sets of cans over a few hours, how the cans fit your head is equally [perhaps more] important than the sound quality.
And don't "try before you buy... online" because it's a dick move, pay the little extra, don't be afraid to haggle.

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 9:59 pm
Dj-RFTDPRO InfinityMember since 2018
old days i used SONY MDR-V 700 .... now DENON HP1100 ...

Posted Thu 19 Dec 19 @ 6:09 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Have you tried noise canceling ear plugs? They take some getting used to while mixing but, they can save your hearing

Posted Sat 21 Dec 19 @ 4:13 pm
stevoqxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro. Feels nice on the head and sounds very goooood.

Posted Sun 22 Dec 19 @ 3:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)