Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sensitivity setting for shift+jogwheel search through track

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi everybody

Question :
on a controller when you hold the shift button and turn the jog wheel you can search through the song (like fast forward or backward)
what is the setting in vdj to adjust the sensitivity of the jog wheel for that action ?
because currently it is too fast for me
a small nudge of the jog wheel and it goes about 30 seconds..

can it be adjusted ?

thanks in advance

Posted Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 3:33 pm
no one has a answer for that ?
strange......

welll...i will have to live with it as it is...

thanks

Posted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 10:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which controller is that, performing search so fast ?

Posted Sat 18 Jan 20 @ 4:50 pm
Pioneer ddj rr & ddj rx

Posted Sat 18 Jan 20 @ 5:01 pm
Sorry to bump this topic up...but does somebody have a clue about this setting in vdj ?

the consoles i use are ddj rr & ddj rx

thanks a lot in advance

Posted Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 11:19 am
I myself find that it a good speed for the search mode (fast cue mode), and once close, release the shift and continue to move the jog wheel, to make the final precise placement of the waveform at the "Current Position White line".

Another possibility, is if there is modifiable parameter for the normal (NON-search mode) speed of the jog wheel movement of the waveform.

Related topic here > http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/237828/General_Discussion/Disabling_the_Stop_at_begining___end_of_Track____during_Fast_Cueing.html

Posted Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 12:00 pm
You can remap your jog to reduce the sensitivity
DDJ-RX:
<map value="SHIFT_JOG_OUT_RING" action="param_smaller 0 ? song_pos -0.5 : song_pos +0.5" /> (or any other value you like)

DDJ-RR:
<map value="SHIFT_JOG" action="var '$useHID' 1 ? nothing : param_multiply 0.5 & song_pos" />
<map value="HID_JOG_WHEEL" action="var '$hidshift' ? param_multiply 0.5 & song_pos : var 'CBGShift' 1 ? adjust_cbg : var 'CBGWidth' ? set_bpm : touchwheel" />

Posted Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 3:55 pm
!! thanks a lot !!

that did it .

Great support ( as always !!)

Posted Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)