Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-XZ All-in-One - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I thought that channels 1/2 were the default for the USBs and software only? Leaving channels 3/4 to be assignable.

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 10:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
gentle-j wrote :
Can I put the sampler on channel 3 or 4? With the DDJ Sz I could do that. I had a volume indicator for the sampler.

Sampler is by default assigned to its own output channel - that is the AUX out chans 9,10, as you can see in the default Audio setup and its Master Volume is controlled by the AUX vol knob. You could also use Mixer Channels 3 and 4 too, if you want to sacrifice a software Deck.

Mobile Zombie wrote :
Something I can't find is a DECK switch 1/3 and 2/4 as opposed to DDJ-1000. How do you control decks 3 and 4 with VDJ ?

Same as in XDJ-RX2 (and others), the Left/Right Deck switch for software Decks, is done from the Display DECK SELECT 1/3 and 2/4 buttons (offered from the SHORTCUT button). So it's a 2-steps procedure and unfortunately, there is no other way (cant be mapped to any other button to perform this - hardware layers)

FYI, we have prepared a manual for you to read further details http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjxz.html

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 12:46 pm
Not a controller I ever intend owning but great work from the Atomix team once again.

At least it will be integrated fully unlike the Prime 4

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 12:48 pm

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 1:03 pm
A new firmware will indeed come along with Serato support, so let's see what changes will bring that.

At the moment,
- the SHIFT button doesnt send any MIDI (so cant be mapped as .. shift) and of course not working like the video above.
- none of the buttons/faders send different MIDI when SHIFT is pressed, except the Pads, Pad mode buttons and Jog
- You cant use the SHIFT as mapping modifier (so cant map as .. shift ? dothis : dothat)

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 1:20 pm
Really good work Atomix! You are fantastic! Thanks for posting the manual, already.
I must admit I am a little (quite much) bit interested in this unit. :)

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 2:05 pm

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 5:51 am
Exactly. And that is even before Serato.
Thumbs up!

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 6:31 am
djdad - can you confirm that we will be able to use 4 decks on this unit simultaneously? using all 4 channels of the unit?

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 9:22 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
djdad - can you confirm that we will be able to use 4 decks on this unit simultaneously? using all 4 channels of the unit?

Yes, and also confirm internal effects can be used together with software as opposed to DDJ-1000

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 9:53 am
Pretty sure it mentions here that it can - http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjxz/layout/mixer.html - well i really hope so anyway

So close to purchasing this unit to upgrade from my RX so want to make sure it ticks all the boxes for me.

Regardless we gotta hand it to Atomix for getting the XZ supported so quickly, just another reminder why i never bother with using any other DJ software

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 10:06 am
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Well done VDJ Team...Can we get a release date please?

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 10:13 am
I read a bit on Pioneer forums regarding freezes of the XDJ-XZ, which as usual cannot be explained. If it's regarding Rekordbox or firmware internal.
I will hold my horses and keep on use my DDJ-1000. We'll see how it turns out.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 10:19 am
tjfado wrote :
Well done VDJ Team...Can we get a release date please?
Available now in Early Access

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 11:32 am
Cheers!

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 12:11 pm
Can you provide an early access link or I have to wait?

Thanks

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 5:13 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
search options "earlyAccess"

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 5:15 pm

Selected as best answer Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 5:49 pm
Thanks VDJ Team

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 8:17 pm
Anyone able to try out the XDJ-XZ yet? Is it stable? Appreciate any feedback. I am ’half’ considering the unit for a future purchase.

@DjDad / @Phantom how is your impressions with the unit during mapping?

Posted Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 11:08 pm
82%