Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ and Akai force

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I'm stoked that Ableton link works without actually needing to run Ableton. Connected my force to the laptop (currently running the home version till' i can decide) and all I needed to do was adjust the lag for the link, voila! my force syncs perfectly with VDJ. This makes it much more tempting for my to bail on the Rekordbox ecosystem. It also helps that VDJ is one of the only software options out there that support the XDJ-1000 MK2's, although, when I tested the free trial out last year, they weren't quite as steady with it as I had hoped with the odd glitch here and there.

Rest assured though guys, that if you're looking for something to run a similar setup to mine, it can do it. It's definitely smoother than running carabiner and Beatlink trigger with your gear in standalone mode as you still have the options of using the software.

Kudos to the VDJ team! (if you'd be interested in sponsoring me a license, i'd be more than happy to troubleshoot my different set ups for your software ;) )

Now I'm just curious if I can get my Novation Circuit to link up with it...

Posted Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 12:29 am
Right on. I sync up my MPC Live with VDJ and it's a pretty cool hybrid setup. You can then run midi cables from the Live (or Force) to all your other gear and sync a while synthetic rig up!

Posted Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 3:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)