Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dumb mixer question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can ANY mixer with a phono connection work for a DVS setup? Or is a USB connectivity needed

Utilizing control vinyl of course.

Posted Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 10:08 pm
The audio from the timecode has to get to the computer somehow, so you'd need to also use a suitable audio interface if you wanted to use a "standard" mixer.

So - timecode from turntable to computer via audio interface, then audio from computer to mixer.

Posted Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 10:21 pm
Makes sense, thanks sir!

Posted Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 10:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A step removed is mwm phase, in my opinion they totally ballz'd up, it takes a digital signal from the remote accelerometer, uses a DAC to make analogue timecode to send to a dvs mixer to have it ADC send to software for software to DAC back to the mixer.

If they went digital direct to the SW [and back] then the pickup could send analogue direct to the mixer, maybe they're limited with some sort of tie in with a lesser capable SW, maybe they have a poor DAC in the remote, but there's no reason in theory to need 2 digital devices [3 conversions] in the chain.
Until that happens their zero latency claim is spurious as you could remove a DAC & ADC from the signal path [/rant] (I want a set, but not until they can work it out as well as me, and I'm no rocket surgeon.)

But the idea is sound, if they get their act together mwm phase could link SW to an analogue mixer and actually be [in theory] lower latency than usual dvs

Posted Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 11:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)