Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Bug Report Rane Twelve...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

In the past week or so I have experienced random track stopping when switching decks with the Rane Twelve. Unfortunately the first time it occurred was at a 300+ wedding reception transitioning from the Git Up to Good as Hell, almost like it was waiting for the dancefloor to get out of control before leaving me scrambling and yanking usb cables. I had 2 more weddings last weekend and just left it in the trailer. I did an hour practice session yesterday and it happened about 30 minutes in, I was just making a mix for mixcloud, and about 20 minutes in, I got the same issue. Deck 2 was master and the outgoing track, I scratched deck 1 in, lined it up, filter, reverb, then crossfader to 0%, then i pressed the deck 2 switch button to start cueing the next track, control switched to deck 2, and deck 1 stopped dead. The play button on deck 1 is blinking on the skin, the cue button is not lit on the skin, I set custom buttons up on the skin (deck specific ones) to monitor the status of the 'RN12DeckBlock' variable, it switched as intended. This time switching back to the stopped deck with the Rane and pressing play got the deck started back, and allowed me to switch decks again without stopping. Yesterday however, the stopped deck would not play unless it was selected by the Rane. I could toggle pausing the deck by pressing the deck 1 and deck 2 switch buttons. I had to restart VDJ to resolve the issue. The incident at my gig occurred on my windows laptop, the other 2 happened on my windows desktop practice machine in my studio. all 3 times I also had a DDJ-XP1, and a Traktor F1 in use. The DDJ set to independent, The F1 not.

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 10:14 pm
I've been testing in my limited spare time to narrow down the circumstances during the failure. It always happens when pitch lock is engaged and the incoming deck is in the process of pitch resetting. I have a button mapped on my Traktor F1 that handles that processhere's the code:

"holding 500ms ? repeat_stop 'syncreset' & pitch_lock on & pitch_reset 2.5% & repeat_start 'syncreset' 500ms & pitch_zero ? repeat_stop 'syncreset' & pitch_lock off : nothing : repeat_stop 'syncreset' & pitch_lock on & pitch_reset 0.5% & repeat_start 'syncreset' 500ms & pitch_zero ? repeat_stop 'syncreset' & pitch_lock off : nothing"

I haven't had time to test long enough to see if manually performing the actions in the script trigger the same failure.

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 7:17 pm
Still experiencing this issue, just occurred without the circumstances i previously thought were the root cause. I'm also getting DM's about it from other users. Can I at least get an acknowledgment that devs are aware? I videoed it this time, and will link the youtube clip once it's uploaded.

Posted Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 8:11 pm

I had to apply some effects to the track to keep the copyright police from pulling the video, but it was malfunctioning with no effects.

Posted Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 8:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You have the issue only while using this script?

Posted Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 9:17 am
Thanks for the reply Adion. No it happened again last night during a club gig, and I purposely rescripted the pad I use with it and took out the pitch reset script hoping it would solve the issue. But no dice. The behavior seen in the video above occurred once and it also just stopped mid track while I was scrolling in the browser. I am in the studio all day today, I'm going to put it through it's paces and capture a midi log and see if i can figure out what is going on. If it were machine specific I would look at the PC, but it happened on both my practice desktop in the studio, and on my gig laptop. The only common denominator being the Twelve itself, and the other midi peripherals I use.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 7:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)