Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vdj 2020 problems with ddj-rzx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can get vdj 2020 to load with my pioneer ddj-rzx and get the screens to load, the problem starts when I try to load a video on either deck. Vdj will crash opening and closing the video window no way to stop other than reset, also the controller goes on and off (all 3 screens). I can open vdj 8 which works fine again? The only thing that seems to be inherited to 8 from 2020 is the cross fader is now assigned to music only and not the video cross fader and I can’t find the option to put this back how it was? Also 8 now had the new colour wav form.
For now I’m doing a system restore to before I had 2020 in the hope it will be back to normal for this weekends gigs

Posted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 1:33 pm
A windows system restore won't help. You need a backup of the VDJ files and folders.

Posted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 1:55 pm
Ok quick update. I have successfully restored my laptop to before I had updated to 2020 and controller and program work fine.
The new colour wav form is still there and the cross fader still only works the audio and not video?
Another quick question, every time I start from new... plug controller in... load vdj, the audio never comes through the master volume but is clear on the channels. The only way to get vdj and ddj-rzx to play music out the master is to first load rekordbox (horrible program) play a track the shut down rekordbox and load vdj which will then play music through the master?
I have used vdj most weekends along with pioneer stand alone since 2004 so I am comfortable with the layouts just a few little problems

Posted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 2:00 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
A windows system restore won't help. You need a backup of the VDJ files and folders.

Which I don’t have ffs

Posted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 2:01 pm
Well whose fault is that?

Files + important = keep backups. There's even an option built in to VDJ now.

FYI there's an issue with VDJ 2020 and the RZX at the moment. It's been mentioned in another thread that it will be fixed.

Posted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 4:52 pm
The RZX issue has been fixed for the next software update.
Just a quick question though... You're on MAC, right?

PS:
1) There's going to be a minor mapper update in next version for RZX.
2) There's a skin update for the RZX screens

Posted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 8:22 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The RZX issue has been fixed for the next software update.
Just a quick question though... You're on MAC, right?

PS:
1) There's going to be a minor mapper update in next version for RZX.
2) There's a skin update for the RZX screens

Good to know the issues will be resolved with the next update.. I’ll hold off until then and not do the update on a Friday lol. I got by last night ok with no issues.
I’m using Windows 10.
Looking forward to the rzx updates

Posted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 7:14 am
Hello, is there any news regarding the skin update for the DDJ-RZX screens.
Also, I have multiple issues in my DDJ-RZX I will post them here the soonest with videos, unless you kindly tell if there is another appropriate thread for this purpose :)

Thank you

Posted Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 9:45 pm
Skin was updated about two weeks ago.
Also all known problems have been fixed in latest PR versions.

In order to update the skin just use the "Add-ons" tab inside VirtualDJ settings and type "RZX" on search bar on top

Posted Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 12:40 pm
Hallo

Ik werk met een Mac book pro 2019 en de pioneer rzx

Als ik ongeveer 2 uur aan t draaien ben stopt vdj ineens en krijg ik een piep toon over mijn mixer. Moet dan alles afsluiten en op nieuw opstarten.
Soms duurt dat 3 uur en dat gebeurt 2 a 3 x per avond
Iemand meer hier last van .

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 7:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
In english for english language forums please.

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 7:50 pm
This doesn't seem like a DDJ-RZX specific issue...
It seems like a drivers crash or heating issue...

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 11:11 am
sorry my English is not so good

vdj is stop playing after 2 a 3 hours then must I quit vdj and Start up this is happening 2, 3 times on a night

when it's happen there is one tone to hear on the speakers if some one is dead in the hospital.

when I starts vdj up it ok

i mixing alsow with mp4 and send this with hdmi out the Mac is new

can somebody help me

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 7:03 pm
Most likely this is happening due to Pioneer drivers crashing.
You can try to open VirtualDJ configuration, click on sound setup tab and hit Apply button to try to reset the drivers.

This is a very rare problem, but not something unseen before, nor something VirtualDJ related.

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 9:01 pm
thank you I wil try

Posted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 8:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)