Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Exporting playlist as a simple text file

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi folks,

Been trying to update my karaoke songbooks this weekend, and am having trouble exporting the playlist in a usable format. In years gone by, I used to open the playlist in Winamp to generate a simple html playlist that I would then copy and paste into my text editor. This worked great at the time, but nowadays a lot of my tracks have filenames that don't follow the usual convention of Artist - Title, and so anything generated by an m3u playlist looks messy. The tracks are tagged up properly in VDJ and look fine on the browser screen, but I'm struggling to find way to export what I see on the browser as opposed to the actual filenames. The "export browser" option gives me either csv or html, neither or which I can dump into a word processor to show in the format of Artist - Title. Does anybody know a way I can do this? Been tearing my hair out for hours here!

Posted Sun 01 Sep 19 @ 12:38 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
.cvs can be opened as text with notepad++ / notepad / wordpad...

Posted Sun 01 Sep 19 @ 1:55 am
BTW: VirtualDJ will export ALL the columns that are visible at the time you use the export command.
In other words make sure that "Artist" and "Title" columns are visible in the browser before you use the export function.
If Artist and Title is all you need, then perhaps you may want to hide all other columns before export and then make them visible again.

Posted Mon 02 Sep 19 @ 8:57 am
I know this is old, but as I found a solution I thought I'd help anyone like me who needs this for uploading to mixcloud etc

Go to this website: https://regex101.com/r/IS8Z99/2
Copy your m3u text into it (open in notepad or similar)
The substitution should run and output you an "artist - track" list in the bottom for you to copy/paste out.

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 12:20 pm
dirtySi wrote :
I know this is old, but as I found a solution I thought I'd help anyone like me who needs this for uploading to mixcloud etc

Or just set recordWriteCueFile to "yes" in VirtualDJ.
And upload that to Mixcloud, it support this as tracklist upload ;-)

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 2:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)