Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Can't View Video Source Menu

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DerekB9ControlleristMember since 2019
I'm trying learn about shaders and how to install them but can't view the video source menu in the video mixer panel. I want to learn more about video in VDJ but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information to go on so any tutorial info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 11:08 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
if you are in transitions mode then select "single source" in transition combo to make source menu appear
You can also select shader as a "video effecté overlay and open the shader menu by clicking on the little gear right of "shader"
the tutorial is here : https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/shadertoy.html

Posted Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 11:34 pm
DektoB wrote :
there doesn't seem to be a lot of information to go on

Have you read the manual?

Posted Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 7:23 pm
I still can't see 'single source' to select it. In the video transitions dropdown menu the list includes shatter, slide, splodge etc but no 'single source'.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 3:12 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
in video effect shaders is in Overlays section and Audio only section
in transition dropdown 'single source' have its own section and is single choice at bottom end, after the list of transitions
You may need to slide down depending on your screen resolution and transitions installed

Unless you use an old not updated skin which does not support these new selerction engine

sometimes it may appears some strange effects with strange settings after they are updated
you my try to temporary delete/move/rename your settings.xml file
in a way top start VDJ with default skin and default settings

Posted Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 3:48 pm
Still can't work it out. I think i'll stay clear of the visual side of things in VD and stick to the music for now.
Thanks for your help.

Posted Sun 18 Aug 19 @ 4:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)