Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Could a Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT be coming?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure if this is fake or not.
If not, then I guess a Serato version of the Pioneer DDJ-1000 controller may be coming
Looking at it, it doesn't look too different from the original DDJ-1000, so maybe/hopefully it will be easy to add VDJ support for it
Again: if it's real
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=945936549084663

Posted Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 8:03 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 7:58 am
Those old recycled pics again...... These pics have been around for awhile now lol!!

Posted Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 1:02 pm
It looks like the rumors were true this time:

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 7:13 am
One interesting thing seems to be that Serato effects shouldn't be used at all with the controller
So maybe Pioneer has opened up for use of the hardware effect even when playing from software?
This was a bit of a mix and match with the DDJ-1000 as i recall - so maybe this will be simpler when mapping the DDJ-1000SRT...

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 8:25 am
Yeah, noticed that too in the initial reviews earlier today. Here's hoping .....

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 8:54 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Why are you hoping?, it's a ddj1000 with a serato logo on it, so a proportion of the cost will be for the privilege [if you want it or not, or even need it] to be serato ready.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 9:55 am
Well Denon have gone to the dogs entirely so it may be an alternative.

The DDJ-1000 has hardware effects on-board that don't work with VDJ, so this one may be configured differently to allow it to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Pioneer however my MCX8000 is needing replaced at some point (multiple hardware faults after only a couple of years) and Engine Prime is virtually unusable. The Prime 4 has issues as well mainly the fact you can't seamlessly switch between engine and VDJ like you can on the 8000 (and it's not supported by VDJ yet either)

Although the DDJ-1000 doesn't have standalone support it seems a decent unit and has mainly positive reviews.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 9:58 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'd guess the HW fx only working with line in on the 1000r came about due to bugs [the HW struggling with a software fx'd input] and not the kind of shenanigans that makers like NI get up to. If they somehow figure it out with the 1000s then I'd put money on the r version getting a FW update.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 10:31 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Well Denon have gone to the dogs entirely so it may be an alternative.

The DDJ-1000 has hardware effects on-board that don't work with VDJ, so this one may be configured differently to allow it to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Pioneer however my MCX8000 is needing replaced at some point (multiple hardware faults after only a couple of years) and Engine Prime is virtually unusable. The Prime 4 has issues as well mainly the fact you can't seamlessly switch between engine and VDJ like you can on the 8000 (and it's not supported by VDJ yet either)

Although the DDJ-1000 doesn't have standalone support it seems a decent unit and has mainly positive reviews.

I dont think the hardware effects are utilized unless in line mode, just like the ddj-1000

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 7:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)