Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: More control and options for .lrc files for karaoke
Hi
I use a lot this feature for karaoke shows... If you have exactly same name .lrc file as the audio/video file the lyric appears on the screen but no options available of this feature. It will be nice that you could add some features as font colour, size, style, an option to deactivate this feature for non karaoke shows.

For people surprised about this feature there is a trick or does not know how to get lrc files of songs. If you download winamp + minilyrics plugin (configured to download the lyric in the same song folder)+ (optionally intro play plugin configured in 2 seconds to get a playlist lrc files fast) you can have a lot of songs with lyrics and use it in your shows killing mids.

Best regards
Saludos
Manu
Manu

Posted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 6:36 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 10:44 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Have you tried the lyric overlay built into the video editor of VDJ?

I truly hope you are not running a full karaoke show by killing the mids and overlaying lyrics. I can see overlaying lyrics on background tracks or if someone wants to just sing with the original track. But not the full show.

Posted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 5:42 pm
Hello
What you say could be a possible but you have to make it for each song... .If the work is made why to lose time making it again?¿. I only want more control with this lyrics that actually there is no way to control or deactivate unless you delete .lrc files from the folder.
Your opinions about if it is a real karaoke show or what is karaoke maybe we have to have it in other forums.
Expect some Virtual DJ developer improve this feature for the next versions.
Best regards.
Saludos
Manu

Posted Sun 30 Jun 19 @ 4:26 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I have some files that I use with Irc but only for showing videos with text to sing along with.
And I agree with you that it would be nice if we could change fonts, size and colours and have the option to activate and deactivate this.

Posted Sun 30 Jun 19 @ 4:58 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
manu-sp wrote :
Hello
What you say could be a possible but you have to make it for each song... .If the work is made why to lose time making it again?¿. I only want more control with this lyrics that actually there is no way to control or deactivate unless you delete .lrc files from the folder.

You can copy and past the lrc file contents into the VDJ editor. The editor then allows you to easily adjust the timing by dragging the markers. If you want the lyrics, you play the edit file. If you don't, play the original.
freppa wrote :
I have some files that I use with Irc but only for showing videos with text to sing along with.
And I agree with you that it would be nice if we could change fonts, size and colours and have the option to activate and deactivate this.

Making the lrc files into VDJ edits will allow you to change the font, size, and colors.

Posted Sun 30 Jun 19 @ 7:59 am
Hi

It works but I have hundreds of songs with its lrc file in the same folder that the song. If I make what you say the lyric appear twice, one uncontrolled and the second one because VDJ Editor.

For me the best solution will be a default lyrics settings where you can control at least colours size and font type and enable/disable this feature of printing lrc files.

Expect VDJ developers could improve it in the next versions.

Best regards

Manu

Posted Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 4:14 am
morphozPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've the same problem : hundreds lrc files that I have to paste the lyrics to Video editor ! what a lot of work, for nothing ! Please just a option in XML: lrc size...

Posted Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 10:23 pm