Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ableton link not there - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi, just been trying to set up ableton link to link VDJ8 pro (v8.3) to ableton, i looked in the extensions folder under effects but ableton link in nowhere to be found, did a search and comes back with nothing, all the 'other standard' effects appear in each decks drop down of effects, but not ableton link

help me please :-)

Posted Thu 09 May 19 @ 1:44 pm
I still see it on my setup

Posted Thu 09 May 19 @ 11:17 pm
well, yeah, this is the problem, i can see everyone screen shots and that they have it there, but i dont.
my understanding is its built into VDJ 8 so there isnt even a method to insert it like you would any other effect

cant understand why if it's part of the build why it doesnt appear ???? (or how i can make it appear)

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 7:30 am
by way of interest, what operating system you using, i'm on windows 10 and my screen looks slightly different from yours, i dont have the sub bar of audio FX under the effects, it via a drop down menu called category ?

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 7:33 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What build of vdj do you have. You are searching inside vdj aren't you?

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 7:34 am
VDJ8 pro infinity (v8.3)

yep, i'm doing what i should be going to settings / extensions / audio FX

within there are some , such as eq10, sweep auto, eq30, loop out shrink loop etc.....but no ableton link
search doesnt find it either

if i look on a deck at the effects drop down, i have all the other standard effects, flanger , brake start, distortion etc etc...but again, no ableton link

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 10:00 am
SteveMaddison wrote :
cant understand why if it's part of the build why it doesnt appear ???? (or how i can make it appear)

It's included but not visible before you install it
I just re-tested, and this screenshot in on Win10 with the latest 32-bit public version of VDJ8.3/2018, which is build 4918

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 10:42 am
im on build b4514

how do you press the install button if it isnt visible ??

my understanding is you can see it in the audio fx extensions, you then click the 'Install' button to install it
but it's not there, how do i install if its not visible / there ?

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 12:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The current public build is 4919, so you need to update if you want to use Ableton link.
Also, it's easier if you use your pro account to login on the forum.

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 12:59 pm
Updated to latest version, yep that done the trick, thanks V.muchos

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 1:22 pm
The question is how do you use it? Iv spent all night trying to get sound from ableton live lite 10 into vjd2020

Iv read old post and downloaded all the extra things people say you need in these chat room. Asio4all driver some program called oxi somthing

(it's definitely not right but of top of my head its close too late too tired, was that bad I had to listen to Winston Churchills drunkkirk we will fight on the beach speach to give me strength continue until this un godly hour of 540am and retreating to bed mission failed)

So please can anyone help?

Me achieve my goals of spin house music and dropping notes from my akai mpk minin

And also be able to control clips from ableton live with a launch pad mini

With the sound coming through aux in vdj

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 5:47 am
See what I'm saying no one from vdj answering questions

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 6:42 pm
goodcolHome userMember since 2018
13 hours give them a chance, if you want concierge service then it costs a bit more than a basic subscription.

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 6:49 pm

Posted Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 6:56 pm
So vdj infinite pro won't do it?

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 7:10 am
And only a12 hours I'm a paying customer not a freeloader

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 7:11 am
Basically subscription wtf, may be I should have told my bank to paid with ripped with ripped up notes.

I got the subscription for one reason other then that I don't need pro.

And I was told I'd need a pro and its on ticket so. What's the score

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 7:15 am
Check wanna be vjd rep, trying to push what iv already got lol, don't talk unless you got answer to why aux isn't working while abelton live is acting as a slave.

Information on these chats are not the same as in the official manual.

With people saying to download extra programs

While the main vdj instructions on rewire section makes it sound like it's just selecting as simple as selecting audio drivers.

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 7:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
How does your audio setup look like? You should have a line input there with ableton rewire selected.
You don't need any other downloads for that.

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 10:32 am
Ableton Live is 64 bit only now, so you need to also run the 64 bit version of VDJ or Rewire won’t work. Also you cannot use MIDI controllers with Live when it’s slaved.

You could try Ableton’s Link system too...

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 12:50 pm
45%