Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: History from My sets

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

By accident I have deleted (don't ask me how) some of my history files from Virtual DJ. Basically from 2017 I have deleted all my history files and folders from August till the end of the year and from 2018 history I have deleted all history from January untill October. The rest are in place. Also the tracklist.txt file is in place and it contains all the history, including the deleted files. I have noticed that I also have the playlist saved in My Sets on my virtualdj.com account, including the deleted history. Would it be a way to restore my history folder, containing all me deleted history m3u files?

Thank you!

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 2:32 pm
Only if you had a backup

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 2:39 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Only if you had a backup

No back-up...unfortunatelly.

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 2:44 pm
I find it incredible that people still don't make backups, even after decades of having computers in their homes...

Maybe Atomix should automatically make backups by default.

[sigh]

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 3:22 pm
That would be a good ideea.
And I am the kind of person that does back-ups at back-ups...but this time I forgot to make a back-up at the history folder..This is hard for me to believe too, that I forgot, but I did!

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 3:49 pm
It is probably a good idea to back up the whole VDJ folder and not just the database.

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 4:21 pm
Yes, I know... But I hoped that there is another way, that I am not aware of....to recover the m3u files.
Thank you anyway!

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 4:50 pm
Unfortunately not.

A similar thing happened to me some time ago where a chunk of history files just disappeared .... but luckily I keep multiple backups so it wasn't an issue.

VDJ current version now has a backup option built in and it's only a couple of clicks.

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 5:23 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
mariusrtr wrote :
I have noticed that I also have the playlist saved in My Sets on my virtualdj.com account, including the deleted history. Would it be a way to restore my history folder, containing all me deleted history m3u files?

Wait you have your sets saved on your home page? make each set a cloudlist, hey presto cloud backup.

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 5:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)