Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't open VDj 8 pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On Sunday March 31, 2019 I downloaded an update from VDJ for my windows 10 laptop. After the update, I could not open the VDJ program. If I clicked on the Icon several times a small dialogue box would pop up and say VDJ is already running. I noticed that If I disconnected my controller from the laptop VDJ would then open. If I reconnected the controller (Denon 6000) the program would disappear again. I tested the controller with my other laptop that WAS NOT updated yesterday and VDJ opens and works as usual. I put in a support ticket and I was told to go to Documents to Virtualdj folder. Next rename the SETTINGS file & License .dat and then reopen VDJ8.
Unfortunately I don't understand much of what support said. I contacted support and I am waiting for a reply. In the meantime I thought I would post here for help.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 19 @ 10:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Somehow a driver was not properly released. Not sure why though. Please check Windows Task Manager and End any VirtualDJ process (right-click), then try to open VirtualDJ again.
If that fails, restart your computer, and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Are you using the WASAPI or the ASIO Denon driver in your VDJ Audio Setup ?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 2:03 pm
ampedupPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am also having an issue where VDJ 8 does not close completely. I have to go into Task Manager each time and physically close the program. Anything that is left in Automix or Sidelists is removed upon reopen.

Posted Tue 14 May 19 @ 8:00 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I notice when "VDJ 8 does not close completely" is most of the time "VDJ 8 take extremly long time to close" with a Crash report being send. As soon as the report ends, VDJ 8 ends as well. This may take severals couples of minutes.

Posted Tue 14 May 19 @ 10:23 pm
Im having the same issue, im using 2 Denon SC2900s with an external mixer. VDJ opens fine if they aren't connected. As soon as I connect VDJ shuts and refuses to start.
In the audio settings if I change to WASAPI then I can get them to work, selecting ASIO results in an immediate shutdown and refusal to start again.
Ive uninstalled and re-installed the ASIO drivers and still the same issue. They are also the most current 2.22 from Denon
Edit - just rolled back to 4787 and the ASIO drivers are working again

Posted Fri 17 May 19 @ 8:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)