Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MC6000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I never did manage to fix my MC6000,..but have just bought a little used second hand unit. Do you think it's past its sell by date ? So I have spare parts and a bag of tact switches. It's a controller I know well. All the up to date functions of VDJ are mapped on my sub controller.

Note: I've been looking for a good cheap MC6000 for a couple of years.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 12:00 am
I've got one Ron. Start buttons are dodgy, I had to use the Cue buttons to start tracks in the end. Two faders probably need soldering (jumping up and down).
I replaced it with the MKII.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 11:19 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The mc6000 start buttons / switches are not very tough. I have replaced them in the past, they are cheap tact switches.
The switch responce gives a good indication of how much they have been used.

Both fader and switch wear means you got value for money.
They are repairable.

I've just replaced the two up faders on my xdj r1..they were jumping (kind of shaking) in the up position with the slightest touch.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 12:56 pm
Denon mc 6000 have very cheap tactile switches! I remember the switch from 1210's start/stop you couldn't damage that one .I have always said how they could make something to last that long like that ? Then I have been looking for similar in the controllers and that is quality! Pioneer is the one to go they make very good switches which are long lasting too. Pioneer is making good switches eaven on cheaper controllers, go for pioneer.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 2:30 am
I could not find a replacement controller I liked, the problem being the form factor, rack mount, I ended up finding a replacement on eBay, actually it ended up being from a member on here, had been his backup controller and was like new, so use the eBay saved search, and you may just drop lucky like I did

Posted Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 3:44 am
Mine is still open to offers ;-)

Posted Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 8:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)