Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ESI Maya 44 USB+ - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sure - how much money are you willing to spend?

Posted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 8:42 pm
Obviously as little as possible. That being said, less then $500.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 8:48 pm
Nothing? LOL.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 6:30 pm
At that price level there isn't much (or anything) that has four channels with all four channels available over USB. They tend to only have one stereo USB in/out.

As I said earlier, you're probably better off with a controller - but even there, the four channel ones are over $500.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 6:39 pm
What about the Pioneer DJM250 MK2? Its 2 channel but it has the option of usb/phone/line input on each channel.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 6:51 pm
It's your choice. I can't decide for you. You're going to be the one using it!

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 6:54 pm
I understand it's my decision. But I'm asking is this will work.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 7:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The DJM-250 MK2 will do what you want. $350
But, some rca line input switches or line-phono adapters could get you by while you get your end gear plan laid out.

Is there a reason you have to be able to play out of the CDJ's?

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 7:42 pm
Ok, so I could get some sort of adapter so that the phono input could be converted to line/cd? This would solve the issue with having no space to connect the NDX to the mixer. What is this adapter called?

The NDX plays CD, thats why I want to connect it to the mixer.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 8:02 pm
So do the DJM 250 and 450 come with software that allows you to assign the usb connection to Channel 1 and 2?

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 9:58 pm
For a while I had backup cd’s and ways to play them. I never used it. I found it easier just to rip a CD and use iPod/iPad/iphone/etc as my backup source.
I’ve had clients at private events change their music selection during the gig. I just rip the CD right then.

Google “line to phono adapter”. You don’t want a pre amp. Preamps take a phono signal and bring it to line level. So, make sure you read the descriptions. I used the MCM 50-7240’s for a while until I upgraded my kit.

You set the audio channels in VDJ.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 5:14 am
OK. So after I hook up the laptop to the mixer, I can set the usb connection in VDJ so each channel in VDJ feeds into the corresponding channel in the mixer?

Posted Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 5:27 pm
Yes, and you'll need a license.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 5:33 pm
Ok. Understood. So if my mixer does not have an internal sound card, I will need to use the Maya to connect the computer, via usb, to the mixer. But if I get an different mixer that has the usb connection (internal sound card), then I do not need the maya?

Posted Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 5:59 pm
Correct

Posted Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 10:20 pm
So I just double checked and my laptop only has 2 usb ports. Can I install a usb hub that will give me 2 additional usb ports? I can then connect the NDX to these ports to control VDJ?

Posted Fri 25 Jan 19 @ 5:24 pm
The "MIDI" commands are very small and will be sent fine over a USB2.0 hub. If both your ports are USB2, I would put your sound device on the USB port without the hub. If one is a USB3 port, you can get a USB3 hub and put all three devices on that. Either way, use an externally powered hub. This will allow you to use thumb drives and external hard drives without taking power from the laptops internal bus.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 19 @ 10:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)