Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Files flagged as bad, but why?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here we go again. This issue has been mentioned before (in 2012, 2014 and 2016 at the very least) but still exists...

Whilst doing some database tidying today, I noticed some flags on a few tracks (They have a ! displayed) but as previously mentioned there's no way of knowing/seeing what's wrong with them (what's the reason they've been flagged?).

I loaded one track into Adobe Audition and it looked perfectly normal. Played it all the way through and it sounded OK too - so what's the issue here? Why has it been flagged?

Please can we have some indication as to what exactly VDJ thinks is wrong. Also a way of filtering these files (via filter folder script) so they can be found/listed easily.

Thank you

Posted Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 10:18 am
Where in the browser is it being flagged?

I thought that was deprecated when the V6 database got upgraded. Haven't heard of that for ages now.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 10:20 am
The ! appears next to the track length. The 8 database lists them as corrupted="1" (the 7 database used faked="1").

It's not a leftover flag from the old DB as rescanning the track(s) doesn't help. It would just be nice to know why it's been flagged, as it looks and sounds OK.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 10:29 am
I tried creating a filter folder with corrupted as a field but it throws up a syntax error.

Also tried searching my DB in psPad and corrupted doesn't appear anywhere.

None of my files show ! next to the track time.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 10:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's indeed mostly a leftover from v7 and earlier.
Looks like it could be set in v8 in some rare case, but probably not really a valid way to detect corrupted files. My guess is it could happen with some fast seeking/looping or similar operation past the end of the file before the file is completely loaded and then switching back to an earlier position, but not sure how you could practically do this.
Might be a plugin trying to access a buffer based on the previous song's length perhaps.

Anyway, will fix so that it is not marked as corrupted anymore, as there is currently no accurate test in vdj to check if a file is actually corrupted.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 10:37 am
OK thanks. I will edit the DB to remove the references, then rescan the files.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 10:46 am
Now I've got another issue!

I chose one flagged file and selected 'Remove from search DB' then browsed (via VDJ) to the folder again, so that VDJ would add the file back.

The problem is that the file now doesn't appear in search results. I checked the database XML and the file is listed, but it doesn't appear in a VDJ browser search.

[later] OK it's now coming up in results. I had to manually browse to the file, right click it and select 'add to search DB' - despite autoSearchDB being on.

Also the file is still flagged as bad.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 11:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)