Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound only coming out of headphones no sound coming out of speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, Im using a mackbook air and a numark mixtrack pro 3 and these speakers:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z333-Multimedia-Speakers-Black/dp/B00YR92VMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1547736979&sr=8-4&keywords=logitech+speakers

I have set it to master: mixtrack pro 3 chan 1 and 2 and headphones: mixtrack pro 3 chan 3 and 4 and have also set my speakers to quadraphonic and they are connected from an RCA cable from the controller to the speakers. The aux is in my laptop and headphones in the controller. But...I can only get sound from my headphones and nothing in the speakers. Any help?

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 3:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe the RCA Cable from Mixtrack need to go to the INPUT RCA socket of the speakers . Is this how you have connected them ? For start, dont connect anything to the OUTPUT sockets.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 3:09 pm
Yes the RCA cable from the mixtrack is in the input of the speaker and then the output of the speakers is the aux into my macbook

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 3:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe the OUTPUTS sockets of your speakers are used to connect the LEFT and RIGHT speakers of this system. Consult the manual of the speakers, there is also a Video available showing connections.
Apart from not getting sound from the Mixtrack, have you tried getting sound from your laptop (use the 3.5mm mini jack of your main sub connected to the audio Output jack of your computer) and see if speakers work actually ?
Can you post a screenshot of your Audio Setup of VirtualDJ ?
also try to set your computer's built in sound card as default audio device for Max OSX instead of the Mixtrack (which probably has been auto-selected) from Audio Midi Setup (Utilities)

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 5:42 pm
patpatgreenleaf wrote :
the output of the speakers is the aux into my macbook

That's wrong! Did you not bother reading the manual for the speakers?

Have you never used a speaker system like that before? The large cab is the bass speaker, and also contains the amplifier. The 'output' sockets on the back will therefore be the amplified outputs to connect the small left & right speakers. CONNECTING THOSE TO YOUR LAPTOP COULD DAMAGE IT!

Read the manual for the speakers. Don't guess - you could break something!

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 5:58 pm
i did read manual of speakers and thats how you do it. The output going in the bass and goes into each speaker but the aux goes into the microphone input of the mac computer

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:37 pm
A speaker output would never go into a mic input! It would overload the circuitry and damage the computer.

Besides, if you're sending audio from the computer to the speakers, you do not need to send it back to the computer again! The speakers are the output.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:42 pm
mate...where do i put the aux then?? the speakers have been working fine thats how my music from my laptop is played on a speaker damn. I may not be using the right terminology but i know that is how these speakers work. I use the aux in my iphone as well lol

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:49 pm
@djdad
https://ibb.co/NprBFBt
here is the screenshot ^
The speakers work with the controller but not in correspondence with the headphones. Either the music plays with the headphones and not speakers or vice versa but i cant get one deck on the headphones and other playing through speaker. Yes i need to have a play around with the audio midi setup and work out the soundcard thing

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:51 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Let's resume shall we:

- The audio settings in VDJ are correct;

- The Master Output of the Mixtrack is connected to the Input Left and Right on back of your speakers, and your headphone the front Headphone Output connector. This is also correct, and nothing else is needed.

Now, moving the Crossfader between left and right should give you a balance of the two songs on your speakers (Output 1/2). Don't forget to also set the Master Gain on the Mixtrack to an appropriate level (and obviously the volume control of your speakers).

As for headphone, press the CUE/ PFL button for the specific deck you want to hear. Also keep an eye on the Cue Mix knob on the Mixtrack to decide what exactly you want to hear in your headphone:

- When in the CUE position (far Left), you will hear the deck for which the CUE/ PFL has been activated

- When in the MIX position (far Right), you will hear what comes out of Output 1-2, according to the Crossfader position.

- If you want to hear a bit of both (when preparing a track for example), simply put down the middle position.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 6:36 pm
Hey
Dude...Thank you for your reply!

Happy mixing

Posted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 4:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)