Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Moving data to external drive

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have been using VDJ for a little while and would like to move all my data (music, music videos, playlists, etc) to an external drive first because of space but also possibly so i could use it from a different computer soon

i found a few posts talking about external drives and moving files but some are old and i want to make sure i do this correctly

obviously i know how to copy the music itself and i already copied the full file/folder structure of all my music and videos

thanks for any pointers on how to properly copy all the playlist and other information and then how to make VDJ look at that information on the external drive

Posted Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 3:24 pm
You need to use the move function within VDJ browser and it will then create a database on the external drive (so what you have done already is incorrect).

The home folder containing all the playlists etc. will stay on the My Documents folder of the PC itself but in doing the above it will make the external drive plug and play.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20to%20Transfer%20To%20A%20New%20Computer.html

Posted Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 5:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)