Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Native Instruments Traktor S4 MK3 Support - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djxhalx wrote :
I guess it's a good policy - but still, why S2 MK3 is already mapped, and S4 MK3 is 4 months late?

My guess: because it has the small screens and haptic feedback. So it's not just based on standard hid and/or midi. It probably uses new undocumented protocols for the screens and feedback

Posted Thu 14 Feb 19 @ 1:47 am
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Ok, so why not do an early access mapping without feedback and screens for people who are waiting for support and release other functions when figured out?

Posted Fri 15 Feb 19 @ 3:29 am
djxhalx wrote :
Ok, so why not do an early access mapping without feedback and screens for people who are waiting for support and release other functions when figured out?

Yes, that may happen
It happened for the Pioneer DDJ-RZX

Posted Fri 15 Feb 19 @ 5:59 am
That would be great - but it didn't happened yet - and controller is already 4 months out on the market...

Posted Sun 17 Feb 19 @ 8:06 pm
Due to a delay in supporting screens and Haptic Motor mode, we decided to upload mapping files for Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3, without these features.

Mapping files (requires Pro license) : http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80980
Known issues.
- Screens not working
- Haptic (Motor) Wheel mode not working
- Faders not reporting their positions on start up. To get their positions, move any fader after statup

A quick Operation Guide will be available soon

Selected as best answer Posted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 11:40 am
djxhalx wrote :
That would be great - but it didn't happened yet - and controller is already 4 months out on the market...

They listened to you :)

Posted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 12:35 pm
That's great news!

Posted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 5:47 pm
djxhalx wrote :
That's great news!

Not even a thank you to the team???

Posted Sun 24 Feb 19 @ 1:35 am
Thanks 4 the support about Traktor S4 MK3, looking forward for the haptic support!

Posted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 12:06 pm
I actually had time to test it out and it's pretty stable - did two full (6-7h) gigs on that mapping. Just had some issues with dissapearing volume faders at the start - needed a few restarts to set in.

Thanks for the support and cannot wait for the full one with turntable mode, haptic feedback and screens!

Posted Mon 04 Mar 19 @ 5:00 pm
hi, i'm waiting too for the map of the s4 mk3, i try to follow the link but says that's no valid anymore.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 8:55 am
The link works OK for me.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 10:55 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Posted in error

Glad this is working though!

Posted Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 12:15 am
Here we are - it's almost may 2019 - it's been almost 8 months since S4 Mk3 release - and still no full support for the controller. Can someone from the team answer the question of what's the real deal with it? What's the main issue, is it considered to be supported in the future or something is not right with it and it's impossible to make a proper mapping for all the features to work with VDJ?

Posted Thu 25 Apr 19 @ 9:18 pm
hello everybody, i think it's time for a straight answer, is there any date to inform us about the full support of Traktor S4 MK3? Or else do you advice us to sell our console or to change our DJ software? Please inform, have a nice day!

Posted Mon 20 May 19 @ 8:31 am
eliasFMC wrote :
hello everybody, i think it's time for a straight answer, is there any date to inform us about the full support of Traktor S4 MK3? Or else do you advice us to sell our console or to change our DJ software? Please inform, have a nice day!

For the screens and haptic feedback support, those are not standard in any way - so it's always hit and miss and an unknown time frame for when Atomix will be able reverse engineer and support such features. For the Pioneer DDJ-RZX it took about a year for the screens

That being said you should always check the list of supported controllers before buying one, at least if you want to start using it right away
https://virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

Apart from that you can kind of tell by looking a the controller. If it's a mostly midi controller with maybe added HID for the jog wheels it's usually pretty fast to get supported, because everything is known tech. For instance I bought the DDJ-400 right away, because just looking at it I knew it would be easy for Atomix to support in VDJ

But with something like the s4mk3 you can immediately tell that it has new kinds of screens, and that the haptic feedback is some totally new Tech - and since it's meant to run with Traktor, NI probably won't tell much about how it works - so it'll take longer to support

Posted Mon 20 May 19 @ 8:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
eliasFMC wrote :
hello everybody, i think it's time for a straight answer, is there any date to inform us about the full support of Traktor S4 MK3?

Unfortunately, there is no ETA. It's still in our to-do list, but we have not yet found a way to offer the missing functionality.

Posted Mon 20 May 19 @ 9:53 am
djdad wrote :
eliasFMC wrote :
hello everybody, i think it's time for a straight answer, is there any date to inform us about the full support of Traktor S4 MK3?

Unfortunately, there is no ETA. It's still in our to-do list, but we have not yet found a way to offer the missing functionality.

May be you can atleast fix problem with faders on startup? I hope it's not difficult?

Posted Mon 20 May 19 @ 4:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Unfortunately not. Its part of the hidden features we have still not found a way to access.

Posted Mon 20 May 19 @ 5:00 pm
djdad wrote :
Unfortunately not. Its part of the hidden features we have still not found a way to access.

Ok, thank you for answer.

Posted Mon 20 May 19 @ 8:02 pm
63%