Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Remapping Reloop Mixtour to control effect parameters with filter, cuevol and cuemix knobs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Trying to understand scripting/mapping and to make the most of my reloop mixtour controller. Thanks for your attention and your help!

I've succeeded in remapping the cue volume to control param 1 of effect 1, and have the filter knob control the 2nd parameter of effect 1 when the fx button is toggled (by setting the FX_on variable, on the script below).

I'm now trying to implement a way to select the effect slot to be controlled by that setup. I'm using the variable 'fx_selector' to do so.

Here is the most successful script that I have on the Filter knob

var 'Fx_on' = 1 ? var 'fx_selector' = 1 ? effect_slider 1 2 : var 'fx_selector' = 2 ? effect_slider 2 2 : var 'fx_selector' = 3 ? effect_slider 3 2 : var 'fx_selector' = 4 ? effect_slider 4 2 : effect_slider 1 2 : filter

The result is that it works perfectly for deck 1. I can change the fx_selector, and control effect parameters of the different effect slots accordingly.

Here are my issues:
- The behavior of the deck 2 filter knob doesn't replicate the one of deck 1, and I can only control effect slot 1 on deck 2
- The variable fx_selector acts globally instead of per deck (I also tried to force local variable with %, but then the script doesn't work at all and just controls slot 1) so there is no way for me to control different slots on different decks. I can see this as the cuevol and cuemix knobs can control param 1 of the different effect slots, but always the same slot at one moment.

Let me know if I'm missing something, as it's my first attempt at using local variables, and feel free to point me to a different approach.

Thanks!

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 10:43 pm
By the way, I realize that part of my struggle comes from the fact that I'm using a global input to set fx_select (the keyboard) while the filter knobs from both channels are considered local and I can only script them under the "FILTER" slot that is unified, and thus local for each channel.

If there was a way for me to script each channel's FILTER independently, it would be easy to fix.

Any resource available to better understand deck selection in controller mapping? I can see the "Automatic" or "1,2" ... option in the scripting interface, but it's rather obscure.

Posted Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 12:38 am
Okay it seems that simply putting deck 1 or deck 2 before any variable declaration or query is enough to "split" the variable and give context. The generic filter knob script is then able to sort things out.

Next on my list it to work on skins. :)

Posted Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 10:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)