Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What has your experience been with the Pioneer DDJ-1000 using Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What has your experience been with the Pioneer DDJ-1000 using Virtual DJ? Any issues, limitation, problems? I'm thinking of getting that controller and would appreciate any feedback.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 2:21 am
There's quite a comprehensive thread on it if you do a search.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 7:35 am
My quick input is that for me it works totally flawless and is my favorite controller now
I am on PC.
For Mac side there is a problem the small fx display does not work according to what I have heard.
Controller have good build quality and very good platters.
But as stated above search for the big DDJ-1000 thread to read more.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 8:29 am
DJMOJO29PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
So far, I am impressed with Virtual DJ's mapping of the DDJ 1000. I am really enjoying this controller and BIG kudos to the VDJ team of developers for allowing this great controller to be used on the VDJ platform. I tried using the controller's native software Rekordbox, which is a great program by the way, but its still young and has lots of computer compatibility issues especially on the Video aspect of it. This being said, I wish if the VDJ Team can somehow add or improve both the PAD FX and BEAT FX's effects, as some don't match up exactly, this is especially confusing when using the BEAT FX section, as there are 14 different options there that are specifically named on the controller, and when using VDJ 8 some of these don't match up accordingly.

I will initiate a ticket / inquiry for my requests, but overall this controller is great :) Hope this helps

Posted Thu 20 Dec 18 @ 8:24 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i got the ddj 1000 literally the week it came out. my exp was not so good. but it could have been the preview of windows 10 i was using, buggy firmware, or just vdj being weird. just a lot of skips and slowdowns during play.

however. the controller having matured. windows maturing, and vdj now on 2018. i would assume it would be a very nice exp. the one issue i didnt like was i couldnt use the mixers on board effects and have it come out onto the mix i recorded. this is a or was a pio limitation. kinda wish i didnt return it. but also, i should have run it on a win 10 stable release. not the insiders preview.

you should not have any issues now.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 18 @ 11:25 am
The internal effect section of the DDJ-1k is active only when no software is in control of the unit.
This is how Pioneer designed it.
I thought this would be an issue for me but no the vdj fx works good enough.
As said, with the 1.05 Pioneer FW update the DDJ-1k works perfect with VDJ.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 18 @ 6:38 pm
Just seems a bit disjointed though. Pioneer doing their own thing once again and screw everyone else.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 18 @ 7:19 pm
Works perfect my ddj-1000 with vdj!

Posted Sat 22 Dec 18 @ 12:46 pm
Thanks for all the feedback. Many of the issues I have read about were posted June of this year or earlier. It seems that many of the initial issues have been sorted out.

I really wasn't excited about switching to Rekordbox. Our company has been using Virtual DJ since it was Atomix. Learning and retraining staff is always a pain in the butt.

Posted Sat 22 Dec 18 @ 7:51 pm
Thanks for all the feedback. Many of the issues I have read about were posted June of this year or earlier. It seems that many of the initial issues have been sorted out.

I really wasn't excited about switching to Rekordbox. Our company has been using Virtual DJ since it was Atomix. Learning and retraining staff is always a pain in the butt.

Posted Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 7:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)