Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: songs loading on empty decks when i press play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

my play button loads a song when i press play, is there a way to stop it from doing this?

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 11:12 pm
No, but may I ask why would you press PLAY on an empty deck ?

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 9:29 am
im trying to operate with djay pro at the same time

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 10:06 am
That's not a good way to go then.
You should NOT use the same controller on two different applications at the same time.
You CAN use 2 different controllers with 2 different applications at the same time (so that each application is controlled by one controller and provides feedback in one controller)
The problem is quite more complex than play button registering at two applications at the same time. All modern controllers receive feedback for their leds and other status from the connected application. If two different applications send different status messages back on a device, the device can develop unpredictable behavior for BOTH applications.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 10:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure if he tries to run both apps at the same time, i could be wrong, but anyways, regarding his original question, yes, its possible, but requires custom actions.

For controller. you can map the PLAY button as .. loaded ? nothing : play_pause
Same goes for the skin, but you need to edit the XML and replace the button action (play_button) with .. loaded ? nothing : play_button

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 2:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)