Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some questions about loading tracks process

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone. I just wonder, if it possible to use Vdj playlists the same way as winamp do. For example, if i double-click on any track in winamp playlist, it starts to play instantly. In virtual dj, first it's loading to deck 1 or 2 (i use 2decks mode for example), then i need to start it by controller button or play button in Vdj. Maybe there is some way to start it instantly, by mouse double-click?
2. One more question - is it possible to load track always in the same deck, no matter if something is playing there at this moment or not.
3 .And another question - about pitch reset. How to map controllers button for gradual pitch reset? (Like if one-click on pitch-reset button in Vdj window)
Thank you

Posted Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 5:17 pm
1. Yes, map a button to the script: load & play
Another option is to run in Automix mode, and double click tracks in the automix list - that will even do a little mixing
2. Yes, map a script like: deck 1 load
And: deck 2 load
Remember to disable loadSecurity in the settings if you want it to load no matter if the deck is currently playing
3. Yes, map: pitch_reset
You can also add how many pct pr second you want it to reset, by mapping for instance: pitch_reset 3%

But also do remember that this is a DJing software - not a simple player like WInamp
If you just play tracks by loading and autoplaying them on a single deck, you don't really need a DJing software - that's really overkill. You can just use a simple audio player for that (like Winamp or Windows media player)

Posted Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 5:33 pm
Thanks a lot for answers. I need sofrware for djing and for backround music and jingles aswell, its two different parts of my job, so i need and Vdj and kind of music player for my work, because music player (i use "aimp" for example) more useful for jingles, as i see it now.
About questions 1 and 2 - seems you missed something, i asked about start track by mouse double-clicking on track in playlist. How can i map script for mouse click?

Posted Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 6:58 pm
gegenava wrote :
About questions 1 and 2 - seems you missed something, i asked about start track by mouse double-clicking on track in playlist. How can i map script for mouse click?

One option is to map the script I posted to one of the custom buttons. If you can't see those at the moment, you can select them in the "Layout" dropdown in the top of the screen

Another option, which is probably a better match for you, is to run in auto-mix mode - since auto-mixing is kind of what you are doing.
When you run in automix mode, and doubleclick a track in the automix list, VDJ will mix to it and play it right away
Automix is found on one of the panes in the bottom right of the screen
If you are unfamiliar with automix mode, this may inspire you:

Posted Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 7:22 pm
Ok, thank you very much

Posted Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 8:01 pm
thanks for making the video. I am always learning new stuff .

Posted Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 10:06 pm
thanks for making the video. I am always learning new stuff .

Posted Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 10:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)