Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer SX3 - Can´t get the mic to work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, when i connect the mic to input 1 on the backside i see the ledbars on channel one react to the mic input but i cant get the output to the speaker , The output is working on my 2 channels i use to mix with. someting must be wrong with my setting , the image is the default setting.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 11:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 2:30 pm
Ok i should not do any config at all in VDJ settings for the mic? all the mic config will be done i the Pioneer utility

Posted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 2:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, no mic in Audio Setup. Just set CH1 Source switcher to MIC1 and then use the CH1 Fader on the DDJ-SX3 to adjust Mic Volume.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 11:03 am
Ok i see the signal from the mic (Vumeter) , can use gain ..but nosignal to Que in headphones or to master output / speaker

Posted Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 8:15 pm
This is strange. If i run VDJ i can see the VU meters from the mic but a cant get any sound of the mic out of SX3.
But if i close down VDJ (X) the mic sounds, can it be some setting in VDJ or in windows that prevents the mic to sound when VDJ i running?

Posted Sun 20 Jan 19 @ 11:12 am
Working , i change some settings and suddenly the mic sounds with VDJ running ..

Posted Sun 20 Jan 19 @ 11:20 am
ddbl342PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am having the same issue described above. Running VDJ Pro and never had any issues with previous SX2. When running with the Sx3, Mic 1 does not work, or sometimes will work then just turns off. I still see meter acknowledging the voice input, but no output. I have taken the controller to an authorized Pioneer Tech Center, they replaced the whole inner board in November. The Controller is now doing the same thing as before, even using multiple laptops. VDJ issue or Pioneer hardware problem, I am not sure.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 4:39 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 6:10 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
ddbl342 wrote :
I am having the same issue described above. Running VDJ Pro and never had any issues with previous SX2. When running with the Sx3, Mic 1 does not work, or sometimes will work then just turns off. I still see meter acknowledging the voice input, but no output. I have taken the controller to an authorized Pioneer Tech Center, they replaced the whole inner board in November. The Controller is now doing the same thing as before, even using multiple laptops. VDJ issue or Pioneer hardware problem, I am not sure.

Beside this problem, do you think it was a good upgrade from the SX2 ?

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 6:54 pm
ddbl342PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi, thanks for your help. My set up does match the one that you linked. It will work, but I then go through a couple tracks, then no mic output on mic #1.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 8:13 pm
Try to get the mic to work without having VDJ running , and then if you get the mic to sound you start VDJ. Worked for me ..

Posted Tue 19 Mar 19 @ 4:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)